Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Manual install of PS3 Trophy packs?

Sponsored Links
    Hey there all, have been trying to hack together a manual way of installing Trophy packs for situations where games will not load and give errors on trophies.. so far I have extracted TROPY.TRP, manually FTPd them into

hdd/home/00000001/TROPHY/*/

directory but still no luck, as the other installed trophy data is stored there, it seems that other files are generated when installed by the game on load. also If you manaully delete your TROPHY folder, your trohpys are still installed, caches somewhere else im lead to belive,

have also tried to use another game to install the trophy data by switching the trophy.trp, no go

I am trying to get Just Cause 2 trophy installed, so I can get past the No Trophy Data installed error, as I can get it to boot since my BRD is dead, using hermes and OpenManager 1.13.

Anyway, anyone got any ideas? theorys ?

i'd love for someone to upload a copy of their Just Cause 2 trophy data if possible. thanks

db
    Best Answer - Posted by oVERSoLDiER:

Hehe

hdd0/home/00000001/trophy/NPWR00XXX_00

there you go TROPUSR.DAT is the file you have to edit in hex.

I'm very active on this path, so if you have any questions -> ask !

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hehe

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    He is not asking how to get all the trophies unlocked. He wants to know how to get the TROPUSR.DAT from the TROPY.TRP file to be recognized by the game so he can play it.

As he has no working BD drive he can install from the disc as this normally fixes this issue.

You mean, if an DLC comes out and he want the trophy pack also on his 3.41 system is installed, that he maybe earn/hack them ?

Hard question with an retail PS3 should easy to do with Debug PS3.
    Load update, transfer via FTP, compare.

This should work with Test Unit, isn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by barbnjason View Post
    He is not asking how to get all the trophies unlocked. He wants to know how to get the TROPUSR.DAT from the TROPY.TRP file to be recognized by the game so he can play it.

As he has no working BD drive he can install from the disc as this normally fixes this issue.
    Correct, sorry about the spelling mistakes in the OP, I'm still having no luck, using the ps3 linux virtual box image and using TRPEX to extract the TROPHY.TRP im getting

TROPxxx.png (trophy icons)
    TROP.SFM - TROP_05.SFM ( different Languages)
    TROPCONF.SFM (main Trophy set)

the sfm are basically XMLs, somewhere during the process a TROPTRANS.DAT and TROPUSR.DAT are generated. anyone have suggestions for enabling some for of debugging or logging so i can check what/where is being accessed during a regular game installing a trophy pack?

without understanding how TRPs install I can't continue. Thanks

DB

Quote Originally Posted by oVERSoLDiER View Post
    Hehe

any luck with installing the trophy's manually?, ie without the game installing them
    Last edited by 3dfxguru; 10-04-2010 at 09:32 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i have his same problem my drive does not work and the only game i can get to work is infamous.

mafia 2 , just cause2, assassins creed2, and kane and lynch 2 all give me trophy errors.

any advice?

Hmm, you tried to copy just the folders you need on your PS3 via FTP ?

Quote Originally Posted by oVERSoLDiER View Post
    Hmm, you tried to copy just the folders you need on your PS3 via FTP ?
    yes, as I said earlier, even if you extract the TROPY.TRP and FTP the contents to the correct directory, they wont show up, because...
    1. there is no TROPTRANS.DAT and TROPUSR.DAT in the TRP, ie its created when the trophy package is installed for your user, via game startup.

2. Even if you delete your entire users trophy folder, trophies are still installed somewhere else, I believe the [hdd0/home/00000001/trophy/] is just a cache for images, and checking if you have the trophy achieved, not installed.

Anyone ?

Has anyone manage to install them yet?

Hi, I was foolish enough to use the Neo Angelios Trophy app on gow 3, and i decided that i can get the Treasure hunter trophy for FF XIII , after a while i started the FF game and it gave me this error while registerng trophy's or something like this.

I forgot to backup them. So is there a way to fix my trophy's trough FTP and etc or i need to sync with server (a.k.a no more Jailbreak) ? Sorry for the noob question.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News