Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have a tube of arctic silver. How fans will need re pasting?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i assume he means something else, i'd just go with what nikawan said , clean the fans and get the dust cloggs out, then use tyhe little straw attachment on a can of wd40 and slowly trickle a very small amount into the bearings , then gently and slowly turn the fan (so as not to create large voltage)

once your sure the wd40 is evenly distributed, (and not dripping wet obviously) then reassemble ps3 , the fans should be a hell of a lot quieter, maybe not as quiete as a ps3 slim, but a lot quieter than they are now.

i've never dissasembled a phat , maybe the fan has to be detached from a heatsink or something, if so that would be where he means using thermal paste, maybe the heatsink and fan detaches from a chip. i've never opened a phat so no idea. if it does then yup your gonna ned that arctic silver.

its best not to remove any heatsinks unless absolutely neccessary. not getting it assembled right afterwards, or too much thermal paste can be fatal to your ps3.
    Last edited by G Sus; 11-11-2012 at 12:10 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sorry guys meant how many fans. Touch screen phone a fast typing not good.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2.

I would watch out for AS5 its conductive also what would help is changing the thermal pads.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News