Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Exclamation [UnAnswered] loud fan, no ylod, failed update help

Sponsored Links
    hi all, need some help troubleshooting a ps3,

1st off network was failing to connect, wireless and wired
    2nd wireless pads need syncing via usb cable each restart
    3rd nothing played on disc - audio cds, dvds, games

so i got a new laser for the console and replaced that - was the all in 1 laser type.
    then it was still playing up, the games etc would spin up and show loading icon (disc spin) in the top corner and then nothing happens.

later i noticed the fan getting louder after 2mins of booting (possible overheating - same sound level as an hair dryer).

so then i thought it could be a firmware problem and so tried to update via a usb stick (3.40 failed 8002F1F9 error the same happened with 3.30)

Now im stuck with recovery mode and the h.d.d. empty.

I then thought it might be failing to update because of overheating so i've cleaned the 2 chips and re applyed some thermal compound, and nothing has changed.

There's no blockage of airflow, i only used a thin layer of thermal compound, the metal heatsinks are getting hot - so it must be connecting well. Also the psu is not even that hot so i don't think it's that.

I'm ready throw it out the window but want to fix it, any ideas what's causing the problems or how to fix any of them?

Sponsored Links

Question

Sponsored Links
    Did you opened it up before the problems started (wireless/wired failing, controllers etc.)?

Offtopic: I'm also having the very loud fan problem when the system isn't very hot since I sent my console to Sony for repairs..

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News