Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Loading games from external hd in gaia?

Sponsored Links
    I have an original 60gb fat ps3 that I upgraded to 500gb, installed 3.41fixed, & jailbroke with x3max using hermes v4b & gaia manager v1.03.1, I can copy & play games from internal hard drive fine, but I can't get a single game to play from the 500gb external drive, even games that say they are compatible from the external hard drive on the jailbreak compatibility chart.

I've formatted the external in fat32 & the games are recognized in gaia & transfer fine but when i try to load em from external all I get is a black screen with the direct boot option and the xmb boot option? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    try with Awesome Mount Point Manager.. if that doesn't work try with another payload.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thanks, will give it a go!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    if it still doesn't work, try the Open Manager 1.17. that's the one i'm using with Time Crisis in external drive.

Are your games folders named from game ID's and those ID's folders in GAMEZ folder (ex: X:\GAMEZ\BLUS-9999) ?

If yes, try to re-flash your x3... If You are trying too run newer games use >3.41 patch (in Open Manager 1.17 for example)...

And remember that fat32 can't handle fils bigger than 4GB and if U try too copy game with such a file it will skip it and game will be corrupted...

Ewentually you can check with SFO Editor param.sfo from GAMEDIR there should be an entry about version in ex. 3.4200 (U have to change it to 3.4100)

Good luck
    Last edited by MorporgX; 11-10-2010 at 05:28 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

thanks for the help everyone, open manager solved my issue, backups work fine from external.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News