Post [Answered] Load PS3 Backups Without Bluray Drive ?

Hi !

I dunno if this question has been asked or not, but i wonder if anyone knows or believe there will be a way to load PS3 backups made with PSJailbreak/PSGroove/PSFreedom without the need of having a BluRay Drive in the PS3 ? (i know that is not currently possible)

I ask this question for all the people that have a PS3 and a dead BluRay Drive that they can't replace yet (dead BRD board).

Thanks for any constructive reply.

It's possible. Just kinda complicated to do.

It can be possible in the future if the Devs can create an disc emulator like there is on the PSP. Hopefully we should see it in the future as it would be helpful to everybody.

Thanks, Gunner54 but i think i just found the answer to my question

A Blu-Ray MODE is announced

Following the specific announcement made by the PSjailbreak Team this morning, ChipSpain informed us of exclusive announcement: It can only satisfy those who may have a BluRay Drive Defective (and many of you): a BluRay Modewill be available in the next version of Backup Manager (supposedely 1.1). Thus, for clarity, there will be no need to have a disc in the drive to start his backups.
    And apparently they also announced to some of their distributors that the PSJailbreak will be compatible with 3.42 Fw...

Hopefully this stuff will work for those who have a messed up Drive lol
    Last edited by SnoopDo2G; 09-08-2010 at 01:13 PM