Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] linux.img editing to support SD TV by default help?

Sponsored Links
    Dear all,

I want to edit files inside linux.img, how can i open it, edit a file, then remake the img file?

thx

Note: I want to edit the image from windows to allow it run in videomode 1 to be able to run on SD TV by default.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    not going to happen, you'd need to either recompile AsbestOS (or whatever version of it you're using) from source or under linux mount the .img file as a loopback to a folder and manually edit the bootscripts (different depending on the distro you're using) to switch the video mode back to a sd resolution during boot.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    what your trying to do wont work, you need to have either component or hdmi for linux to work properly.

no you don't, all you need to do is set the ps3 video mode to either 1,2,129 or 130. just for some reason the idiots set it to boot at 3 (720p bordered) so you wont even be able to see the prompt to issue the commands needed.

And the kboot cmd for booting the image is hardcoded into asbestOS (and kmeaws version) so you can't change the parameters without recompiling. Editing the img will work (by switching to a SD mode during postboot) but you won't see any error messages if it doesn't work and editing the img file is a pain.

So, the only option seems to be recompiling asbestos to load with videooption1 by default?

if you're upto it, or under linux on a pc or vm mount the img file as a loopback which will give you access to the files inside so you can just change it in there say for the bashprofile or whichever boot scripts your distro is using.

But I don't think kmeaw ever released his source for his modded version or detailed the changes he made from marcan's (probably just the fw offsets though)

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News