Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Question [UnAnswered] Legality of Importing PS3's to Europe

Sponsored Links
    So Sony made it illegal for us Europeans to import ps3's. Does anybody know if it will stay that way after our launch next week?

EU ps3's are gonna be 599 euro's. When importing, you pay 599 dollars. So it'll mean that importing will save Europeans about 140 euro's. Add about $20 shipping costs and 20 import tax, you still save over a 100 euro's. Provided the USA ps3's also play PAL games, I really so no reason at all to not just order one from let's say gamestop.com

Will it be legal to import a ps3 after our launch day?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    dude its always legal to import a console. I did and Im one happy camper, just make sure you get all the electricity issues fixed with a transformator.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    On that note, ps3's dont require a transformer, they just work.

Universal power supply

No there is no problem as the psu of the ps3 is 110 to 240 to be exactly so there is no problem.The only problem someone might face is his TV set to not support NTSC tv signal but that will be very rare but it may happen. importing tax deppend from country to country so dont count on that 20 euros and also 20 euros is to small amount for shipping a ps3 from usa or japan.
    Last edited by special; 03-15-2007 at 04:03 PM

Importing is not really a problem.. but getting a imported PS3 repaired in case in breaks is a hell of a boogie-woogie

(example) Import tax for the Netherlands is around 20%... so you would pay 120$ tax.

This is not what I meant. Import is in fact illegal now, not that I would really mind it's just that not a single web shop provides ps3 shipping outside the US

Its illegal for a business to sell a ps3 outside their region...True

But if you have a friend who lives in the usa/anywhere he can still mail it to you (and he wont be breaking any laws)

Its illegal for a business to sell a ps3 outside their region...True

But if you have a friend who lives in the usa/anywhere he can still mail it to you (and he wont be breaking any laws)
    That's true. I live in Turkey and i bought a 20gb japan ps3 for $530. Official price with Europe release would be around 750 euros!! Of course that's for 60gb but 60gb japan ps3 are sold for $650-700 in Turkey (unofficial but who cares. It's not drug lol). I hate my country's tax system.

I only know of 2 websites that ship internationally for PS3's - just wondering if anyone knows anymore?? I to am thinking about getting a US system.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News