Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Smile [Answered] Learning in-depth ps3 and programming

Sponsored Links
    Hiya ppl!

Im having some questions to you guys that has more knowledge then me (probably alot) hehe

the thing is i have started to get a big interest in the ps3scene, and would like to know any suggestions where to start learning i.e basic programming to start with, having some thoughts that c,c++ and c# would be indeed a good start, but what would you devs tell me to start my research?

And im to interested in-depth knowing the ps3 overall, starting to learn quite alot imo so that will probably go forth nice,

All answers appreciated, im eager to start learning!
    Last edited by EiKii; 09-10-2010 at 05:48 PM Reason: clarification
    Best Answer - Posted by TheGamerMan1991:

The best thing to do is grab yourself a c++ compiler and a beginners book on how to program in c++.

Then once you have a good understanding on how programs work. Grab the PS3 dev kit. (If you can find it) or learn assembly (Best way to interact with the ps3 hardware next to the ps3 dev kit).

Then learn how to upload the programs you create to the ps3 and there you have it. Hopefully you will make something great.

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    judging your level of coding experience by your question I would have to say... By the time you learned how to make something really cool there will be a ps4. I say that because I have compiled several simple java apps in eclipse and it is complex.

The people with skills have developed them over years of experience with different languages... they are currently adapting to the new coding stuff and doing it rapidly.

If I were you I would kick back and let the masters show us what they can do with this new machine they just got control of!!!
    Last edited by sammaz; 09-10-2010 at 09:28 PM Reason: more info

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    haha yea that might be true, but you would have to start somewhere right?

and i'm seeking knowledge to take that step towards it ^^

well yea for sure i will do and it will be awsome, i am sure they will do it good

Registered User TheGamerMan1991's Avatar
    The best thing to do is grab yourself a c++ compiler and a beginners book on how to program in c++.

Then once you have a good understanding on how programs work. Grab the PS3 dev kit. (If you can find it) or learn assembly (Best way to interact with the ps3 hardware next to the ps3 dev kit).

Then learn how to upload the programs you create to the ps3 and there you have it. Hopefully you will make something great.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News