Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] KeyVault Project

Sponsored Links
    Firstly a big compliment for the newbie section

So, i want to ask, what the status of the KeyVault Project is?! When will a retail version be released? I ask this because my PS3 is still running with 1.80 and I donīt want to update (PSP --> Downgrade -->CFW). But GTA 4 will be released by the end of the month and then I have to update. Will there be a solution till the release of GTA 4?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I would say you should not expect anything too soon. (Since the Key Vault Project needs some time to deliver anything).

The only possibility until now to play GTAIV and to be able to downgrade is to YOUR 1.80 Frimware is to install an Infectus and back up your NAND.

To be clear you will void your guarantee if you do so.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    So, i want to ask, what the status of the KeyVault Project is?! When will a retail version be released?
    The last mentioned about it from one of the Project's leaders is here:

http://www.ps3news.com/PS3Dev/playst...-pdf-released/

We still are doing some work on PS3 KeyVault Project, so still not ready yet.
    So they (the PS3 Devs working on it) don't have an exact ETA yet... basically when it's 'ready' then they will release it. Until then, all we can do is wait..

Firstly a big compliment for the newbie section

So, i want to ask, what the status of the KeyVault Project is?! When will a retail version be released? I ask this because my PS3 is still running with 1.80 and I donīt want to update (PSP --> Downgrade -->CFW). But GTA 4 will be released by the end of the month and then I have to update. Will there be a solution till the release of GTA 4?
    As the admin said the keyvault project is still in development, i have the same problem as you i am in firm 1.50 and don't want to update too, and as you said gta is coming out so i dicided to buy an xbox 360 with the RROD and fix it myself, now i am waiting for gta to come out spent around 120$ or something (xbox with red ring of death game pad power cable+brick video cable hdd and Forza motorsport 2) so if you have any experience with fixing consoles or installing mod-chips i recomend if not well guess you will have to update...

Maybe we will find a new gta exploit like the one for the psp... not :P

Hehe... okay, thank you for your answers. First I will try to play it with the fimware-bypass exploit. But I donīt think that this is going to work. Canīt wait for the release of the KeyVault Project - the idea of flashing a PS3 retail with the firmware of the dev/test station is graet, but i donīt think that this will work.

The devs should tell us every week what the status of their work is. But I think they donīt have time for this

Canīt wait for the release of the KeyVault Project - the idea of flashing a PS3 retail with the firmware of the dev/test station is graet
    The keyvault project and the project of flashing retail machines with dev firmwares is not the same thing they are two separete projects...

the keyvault project is to use some kind of bruteforce to get in the keyvault and get those lvl 1 or lvl 2 calls.

The project of flashing retail machines is comparing a retail firmware and dev firmware dump. the devs found that they were almost the same and found the string that should be modified in order to be able to install it on a retail machine. I dont know how is the status of theyr work right now but maybe the admin can give us a word on that.

Nah, it's been said 100 times already... Re-read what has already been posted.

I know that these are 2 different projects. Iīm waiting for the keyvault... and i donīt think that the other project will be effective.

Will the KeyVault Project need a special firmware (f.e. only 1.50 - 1.80)? Or will it run with every firmware? (of course when it is ready for retail?)

In general, the more people ask when a project will be finished, the longer it will take. Also, unless you have experience with a particular project or field, keep your opinions to yourself.

Ya, the kids who are begging for this don't realize the guys working on it are all adults with real lives, houses, families, jobs, and other priorities. This is only a hobby for them to tinker with in their freetime... so it's best to just let them work on it when they can without bothering them.

When they have more news/progress it will be posted in our Site News as STICKY for at least 24 hours straight and also the project page... so don't worry, nobody will miss it.

Also, when it is ready people will be bored with it 2 hours after they release it because then all you can do is connect your PS3 and let it do it's magic... then you disconnect, and wait several weeks/months for them to take the data and apply it to the next phase of the project.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News