Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] jailbreak on faulty ps3 can't read blu-ray?

Sponsored Links
    hi guys just a quick question before i buy this faulty ps3 from a friend. it works fine and everything just doesn't read games so blu-ray drive is buggered.

i can get it cheap and want to use it as my jailbreak unit, i can download backed up games so thats not a problem i just want to make sure that with the latest backup managers etc i will be 100% be able to play the games with this faulty PS3 with out the blu-ray drive?

i really need to get another ps3 so when GT5 comes out i can play online and stuff so i want to get a cheap dedicated homebrew PS3.

i already have a heap of games backed up to my external HDD so i dont see there being any issues with me not having the blu-ray drive, and as i understand it the newest backup managers all allow you to play the games without a disc in the drive correct?

can i get a confirmation just so i don't feel like a dick when i buy this faulty ps3 lol

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes you can play games without a disc, but some games don't work without a disc. i don't know exactly but maybe 1/3 of the games require a disk. They should really update the Game Compatibility List with a section for 'no disc' backups.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by marc2590 View Post
    Yes you can play games without a disc, but some games don't work without a disc. i don't know exactly but maybe 1/3 of the games require a disk. They should really update the Game Compatibility List with a section for 'no disc' backups.
    arghh bugger thats frustrating, would be good if they could update the list.

i might just bite the bullet and get a new PS3 and use my current one for jailbreak, or get the faulty one and get a new blu-ray drive if i have to lol (there only around $50 i think)

Yea, for now it would be best to check the replies in the No Disc forum thread though... mainly because updating the list with a column for "No Disc" wouldn't help much since most people already submitted their game results just adding it to the notes section.

As soon as things stabilize a bit I'm sure the list can be tweaked accordingly though.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News