Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Internet Access with Jailbroken PS3?

Sponsored Links
    1. Do you guys disconnect the network after you jailbreak your PS3 in hopes of not getting on a ban list?
    2. Is there any reason to leave the internet connected? (Pandora comes to mind here)
    3. What is best practice for network connection after jailbreaking your PS3? I thought about just putting in a fake gateway in the network settings. This way I could still use my local network, but nothing to the internet.
    Best Answer - Posted by barrybarryk:

Yeah I just use normal networking settings, no point trying to avoid a theoretical ban with even more theoretical measures.

Sponsored Links
    I only use it for FTP and game updates, I don't think you will come it their ban list for that.

Yeah like you said is best... change the gateway and dns to randum numbers so you can mantain your local network connection, for ftp and the likes.

I just use standard network settings as you can't get on PSN it doesn't make a difference, I still use normal internet for youtube videos and catch up tv, BBC Iplayer etc, can't see how you can be banned when ur not even on the network

Yeah I just use normal networking settings, no point trying to avoid a theoretical ban with even more theoretical measures.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News