Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I've tried 2tb as 'internal' with a male/female sata cable and it does not work, so waste your money. 1TB is good but then you only see approx 800gb so might as well get at 750gb drive. Also, no it won't ask to update your firmware. Hope this helps..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have researched extensively on this subject and as there are 1TB 2.5 sata drives out there (I think 2TB even) they will not physically fit into the PS3 as I stated above. The highest capacity that will pysically fit into the PS3 is a 750GB 2.5 sata. the only other alternative that will physically fit is the SSD HHD (uses SD technology & costs about 3x more than sata drive) but still the XMB capacity limit for an internal drive is 1TB (and if the patch cable is what you're looking into then go with the cheaper 1TB 3.5 sata drive in an external enclosure)
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk188 View Post
    I've tried 2tb as 'internal' with a male/female sata cable and it does not work, so waste your money. 1TB is good but then you only see approx 800gb so might as well get at 750gb drive. Also, no it won't ask to update your firmware. Hope this helps..
    The larger the drive you use the more space XMB keeps for itself so to get the largest capacity possible 1TB only about $10 dollars difference (more capacity more games right?)

has the original question been answered yet?
    Last edited by bitsbubba; 11-10-2010 at 08:03 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    open up the hard plastic case and disconnect the usb/power adapter...you will see a sata port.
    Quote Originally Posted by bitsbubba View Post
    has the original question been answered yet?
    i guess the answer to that is YES.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk188 View Post
    Also, no it won't ask to update your firmware. Hope this helps..

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News