Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    "Gulp" sorry chapsanov... i think it won't have a problem coz i try with small file like bloodrayne and succeeded to join the file in ext hdd just like any other file but i forgot about fat32 capacity

Lol hey i'm not tellin ya to install split file from fsj but just a suggestion. Ps. i already try that at home

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by chapsanov View Post
    The game I have was not GOW Chain of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta (PSP Game conversion) but this is rip game from GOW collection (GOW I and II). The uploader upload the file not in separate pkg, but in complete 5.88GB pkg file..
    If it is a psn game released from duplex, I suggest you to transfer it into hard disk of ps3 via ftp server.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    He needs to get the path, where he has to transfer it, to install the *.PKG. I just remember that DUPLEX wrote it should be transferred to an FAT32 formatted Device - which can be tricky for an 5,88GB file.

Yeah but the duplex release is much larger and already split into parts, like all of their pkgs for games that are originally over 4GB

I don't think you can ftp a pkg to the internal disc and install it from there. You'd have to unpack the pkg, split the files (keeping the dir tree intact) and make several smaller pkgs out of it.

If he use rebug cfw he can simply copy it into devhd00/packages and install it from package manager.

I use rebug 3.41.3. I don't know if it is possible install package manager on cfw kmeaw and use it.

If he is on cfw kmeaw, he can use demomanager and to do so:
    • put the package in demomanager folder
    • drag/drop update onto demomanager.exe
    • you'll see it creates a new folder, for example 00000018 with 3 files
    • drop the pkg into this folder
    • run Blackb0xFTP and upload the folder into dev_hdd0/vsh/task
    • reboot PS3 and install pkg

I think this is working.
    Last edited by Ezio; 12-09-2011 at 06:59 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I still think it wont work. It's much too small to be the GOW collection from the disc edition, and as far as I know there isn't a PSN release of it to begin with.

EDIT: That's handy for FTPing pkgs on Kmeaw though, I didn't know that cheers
    Last edited by barrybarryk; 12-09-2011 at 07:03 AM

Thanks Ezio, dev_hdd0/vsh/task is what we needed to know ! Of course +Rep for you, gonna test it out tonight.

Thanx Ezio, I still test for this.

It works chapsanov, everything is named Demomanager, but you only have to install it in the right order and say [Yes] if your PS3 asks, to "overwrite" the already installed package.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News