Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Install PKG on to external drive, rather than PS3?

Sponsored Links
    Is it possible to install pkg's on to the external drive rather than internal?

just to save space on the PS3 Phat (only 60GB) for PSN games etc

Cheers
    Best Answer - Posted by barrybarryk:

it'd have to be completely decrypted (not possible at the moment due to NPDRM encryption) and heavily edited to redirect to the external on launch but I guess in theory it's possible you'd more than likely lose the ability to update since the files won't be where they're supposed to be after an update but it'd work if thats what you're asking.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    it'd have to be completely decrypted (not possible at the moment due to NPDRM encryption) and heavily edited to redirect to the external on launch but I guess in theory it's possible you'd more than likely lose the ability to update since the files won't be where they're supposed to be after an update but it'd work if thats what you're asking.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well hopefully something may come up in the future would be very cool though!

Cheers

or get a bigger drive..

might get a 750gb drive, biggest i can find so far that will fit in the drive bay

yep it is, thats loads of room for psn games.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News