Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] infectus 2 on 40gb fat help please

Sponsored Links
    hey guys, i have an infectus 2 modchip. and i am wanting to install it on my 40gb fat ps3. but all install info etc referes to the 60gb board.
    and from what i can see the 40gb board is totally different.

has anyone installed on the 40gb?? or is it for 60gb only (my 60gb fat is on latest firmware :-( )

thanks in advance for any help.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think infectus can only be used on early firmwares!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by radialman View Post
    I think infectus can only be used on early firmwares!
    thanks, my 40gb has really low firmware.

unfortunatly my 60gb is on latest firmware so i have no chance using it on that.

but i cant find info on the 40gb ps3 (if infectus can be used on that because boards are totally different)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    the infectus 2 can be used read and restore the same version of firmware that is on your ps3, it can also restore the same version firmware if you make a nand dump, you can also restore it.

Quote Originally Posted by shummyr View Post
    the infectus 2 can be used read and restore the same version of firmware that is on your ps3, it can also restore the same version firmware if you make a nand dump, you can also restore it.
    Thanks buddy. So could I use on my 60gb with latest firmware??

Would rather do it on my 40 but cannot for the life off me find info on where to solder.

Quote Originally Posted by brendanj9554 View Post
    So could I use on my 60gb with latest firmware??
    Unfortunately no, Infectus stopped working around Firmware 2.20, with some users even reporting it didn't work any longer as early as 2.10 (although 2.20 is the definitive confirmed revision).

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Unfortunately no, Infectus stopped working around Firmware 2.20, with some users even reporting it didn't work any longer as early as 2.10 (although 2.20 is the definitive confirmed revision).
    thanks for your responce. i am confused as to what board infectus is used on.

my 40gb ps3 has the low firmware. is it possible to install on that board? i have stripped the ps3 and the board is totally different to the one pictured in the infectus install tut. (looks like my 60gb board)

so, .. is it possible to install on 40gb?

if not then i have my answer lol, and i will search for a 60gb with the relevant firmware. thanks

hey guys, after comparing the boards from 3 different ps3's i have found that the nand pins are the same, just in different locations.

thanks
    Last edited by brendanj9554; 08-16-2010 at 05:45 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News