Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Question [UnAnswered] im trying to understand quality posts so i can download

Sponsored Links
    I understand that because i am new and i have to post in the Newbie section otherwise my posts will be deleted. I know about posts having to have relevant information and not just agreeing or being useless.

But i saw in another thread which was closed that to post a quality post and to be able to download.. If post in the newbie section, they dont count as posts? so how do i actually post in the other sections if im not allowed to as a new user?

thanks

Sponsored Links

Cool

Sponsored Links
    OK, to clarify for you and others wondering about this:

Newbie class (less than 5 posts) can post in the other sections as long as their posts meet the criteria linked HERE. If they don't, the posts will be deleted or moved to the Newbie section as the Moderator sees fit.

The reason Newbies see a notice telling them to post in the Newbie section first is because 90% come from other Forums where it's acceptable to post nonsense like "thx for this!!!!!!" or "me too!!!!!!!" type BS, or they start new threads on existing topics, post in the wrong section, etc.

The majority of our Staff are adults (primarily over 25 years old, with some as high as 50!) and we don't wish to sift through 1,000 BS posts daily in the regular Forum sections... we're seeking thought-out, intelligent replies from educated users.

That being said, our goal is to keep all "Newbie" posts in the Newbie section... with the hopes that Newbies will see how our Forum works by checking here, and then (when they feel confident) they can post in the others to accrue their required 5 Quality Posts to download files.

If YOU feel you are ready to make quality posts on the other sections by all means go for it. The worst that will happen in most cases is if the Mods don't feel the post is acceptable it will get moved here or nuked.

PS: The post you made here was fine. It was more than 5 words, showing you put a few minutes of your time (and brain) into writing it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Beware once you are a registered user you are FORCED to post on a regular basis or else you will get banned, even if you dont have anything inteligent to say. No offense to ps3news i really love the site, but I also like to read a lot since most of my questions have already been answered and most of the regular joes questions.

I dont know if ps3 news can get me my newbie status back and not getting banned i really dont care much about the devs section or downloading files. Or do I have to post even if im a newbie or I will get banned? Im over 25 :P

Cool

That is not true, as we just require our members or newbies to post quality posts on a topic as best as they can as outlined like in PS3News's post above, and as far as i know we do not force members to posts after becoming a register user or get ban, this simply is not true.

Actually when we updated to vB 3.7 there is a notification for "deadbeat" (inactive) users we activated. So no, they won't be 'banned' for not being active of course ... but they will need to post regularly in order to download files or access the PS3 Dev section.

Requirements for "deadbeat" users are as follows:

Registered User: Must post 1x/week

Member: Must post 1x/month

Needless to say, you don't have to post 1x/anything if you only wish to lurk in either class... or until there is a file you want to download, then you would have to make a post basically... so hard to make 1 post, eh?

PS: When we see enough users are regularly posting on the Forums to strengthen the community we do plan to turn the "deadbeat" notification off for all classes... right now we're getting approximately 100 new posts per day here.

Quote Originally Posted by PS3News View Post
    PS: When we see enough users are regularly posting on the Forums to strengthen the community we do plan to turn the "deadbeat" notification off for all classes... right now we're getting approximately 100 new posts per day here.
    100 New posts a day is good but I think there is only one thing that deter people from this site is the adverts. I think if there were only a few adverts this site would be booming.

Ya, until we can get a large corporate sponsor like other sites have (such as Divineo, GameFreax, etc) to pay for everything the ads are a necessary evil... as it is, I still have to pay several hundred bucks out of pocket each month to cover the costs even with all the "smilie" BS ads that pay pennies a day

Quote Originally Posted by PS3News View Post
    Ya, until we can get a large corporate sponsor like other sites have (such as Divineo, GameFreax, etc) to pay for everything the ads are a necessary evil... as it is, I still have to pay several hundred bucks out of pocket each month to cover the costs even with all the "smilie" BS ads that pay pennies a day
    Maybe you should consider another hosting site, i know some places where they charge you 200 bucks a month and have bigger vb than this site. Im an admin over a big site, and we really get our hosting rates cheap.

Anyway, google ads can get you 200 bucks easily a month and pay those fees, if you want to know which place gives us that rates let me know and ill post it for you to check it out. Your google ads are very oriented to what people come here and look which make it a lot more profitable.

Ya, unfortunately we've tried cheaper hosts over the years and they were plagued with other issues... including server PHP/SQL/bandwidth/mail/security issues, so we are stuck paying a lot more for a better host pretty much. As for Google ads, I wish ours paid that much LOL... I think most people here must not click them or have them blocked

It's not just Web site hosting alone though, it's the entire network (over 20 domains), private registrations, vBulletin license renewals, Plesk (which isn't included in our host package), DynDNS for the servers, and all of that is before we put any TIME into it each month. On typical days, it consumes a solid 8 hours answering mail, updating news, files, and so on for myself alone.... excluding all the backend work CJPC does keeping everything glued together and running most of the time.

Thanks for the offer to help though, I do appreciate it.

So your basicly saying we can't download PS2 homebrews without posting 5 reasonable posts which we have to wait 600 seconds in between posts?

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News