Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] If you have psgroove, can i put mkv larger than 4gb on ps3 hard drive?

Sponsored Links
    Can i put a bluray film larger than 4gb somewhere on the internal hard drive, to play in the xmb of ps3.

If so where would i put the movie file, where would i upload it to in the ftp app for the psgroove?
    Best Answer - Posted by iskj3098ias:

Use TsMuxer to remux the .mkv file in a .ts file (takes about 3m, same quality). Copy to PS3 with PMS (PS3 Media Server, get it here http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/).

Done, no hacks required for this.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You can copy file of any size using FTP program from here .. Alhough - no real point of copying MKV to PS3 as it will not play it anyway.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If i use mkv2vob, and make just 1 file. Where on the ps3 would i play that vob > 4gb, to play in xmb?

Thats what i am asking. If i use mkv2vob, and make just 1 file from blueray mkv.

Where would i put the file on the ps3 to show up in xmb under videos to play, i.e which directory would i put video files in?

If you know what i mean.

Yep i am using ftp program with psgroove.

you can do that with tversity, start the server and copy the file over,iv copied 12gb films with no probs at all

yes but tversity does not work for everyone. i tried tversity, wmp11 &12.... and the way that helps me out was HFS. Its only for copying files from PC to PS3 via the PS3 Browser. But i would like to know it too.... in wich folder the moviefiles (mp4, mpg etc.) has to been copied. so i can use just only one program instead.

if you reencode an mkv to another hd format such as mp4 properly it takes around 3 hours (2 passes, variable bit rate).

If you use Tversity, it streams it almost instantly. Why?? - Because the quality is poor. What is the point in watching an HD film, if you are going to stream it at this poor quality.

read what i wrote i said copy, not stream.

Use TsMuxer to remux the .mkv file in a .ts file (takes about 3m, same quality). Copy to PS3 with PMS (PS3 Media Server, get it here [Register or Login to view links]).

Done, no hacks required for this.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News