Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up [UnAnswered] If you could do a Firmware Update, what would you want in it?

Sponsored Links
    If you could do a Firmware Update, what would you want in it!!

I could think of a 100 'n 1 things, heres my top 10 list:

1. Stream your music playlist for friends to hear (and to also listen to while in game).
    2. Multi internet connection list (like the PSP).
    3. download and play JAVA games.
    4. Mad Widgets to juice up the XMB (like a clock in the background).
    5. File sharing from PS3 to PC - backup via WMP.
    6. Voice recognition typing! that would be cool.
    7. Bluetooth audio output to headset (not just voip, if this can be done plz do tell)
    8. Id also want my PS3 to talk to me like an annoying SatNAV 'how are you this morning, shouldnt u be in work'!?

ok so its a top 8 list, ill prob remember the remaining 92 things 2moz. But id luv to see what everybody else would like in.. lets call it Firmware 9.0

If any of mine are going to be in the 2.40 update then hooah to Sony!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    this is a fantastic idea, im impressed!

In my firmware 9.0 I would want to see the ability to use the ps3's bluetooth to dial numbers and send text messages through your mobile phone, that you have connected with the bluetooth.

PS3Brewery75
    Sponsored Links

I am confused so I will answer it both ways.

Sponsored Links
    I might be misunderstanding the topic here. If this thread basically means "If you can't program and don't have enough experience with writing firmware or even coreboot, what would you like to see out of somebody else's Playstation 3 firmware?" then I would have to say to replace the XMB with a KDE desktop environment.

KDE is open source after all so it would be possible as long as the hypervisor would be down so you could port the K desktop environment to the Playstation 3 to replace that with the XMB. It would be insanely difficult but possible and that's what I would like. Now if this thread means, "If you wrote your own Playstation 3 firmware, what would you do with it?" then I would have to say multiple simultaneous downloads via Playstation Store, and over 200 friends max for your friends list along with modified networking interfaces to allow the Playstation 3 work much much better behind firewalls similar to Limewire.

I would love user created trophies so people could host competitions of some sort!

PS3Brewery75

Question I am confused so I cannot respond. I wil try my best

Quote Originally Posted by MACIAS1 View Post
    I would love user created trophies so people could host competitions of some sort!
    That wouldn't be a firmware related project. People hosting competitions. Yet again I don't fully understand the topic. Anyway, user created trophies leading to competitions would be more of a Playstation Network project that Sony would have to be in on in order to do that.

If Sony could do a Firmware update supporting that feature along with a modified network then that could be possible as well. I have no idea if this thread means firmware within reason or not. Could somebody help me out here?

i interpreted this thread with the idea like, if you had a million pounds what would you buy, its like if you could have anything, what would you like on your ps3.

My wish list:
    - More codecs (specially for old Divx/Xvid) and support for SRT/SUB subtitles
    - In-game voice chat, internet browser and music in all games (even if they are not patched)
    - In-game screen/video capture (with instant review of last 30 seconds of game play)
    - Same PSP features on PS3 (Skype, Radio, Go! Messenger, RSS, etc)
    - PS2 games streaming to PSP (it already streams PS1 games)
    - PS3 streaming to PC (photos, music, videos stored on PS3... and why not games too)
    - Expand the new "Search" for multiple customizable services (Google, YouTube, Wikipedia, etc) and for local content too

PS3Brewery75

If I had pounds I would want dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmiller24 View Post
    i interpreted this thread with the idea like, if you had a million pounds what would you buy, its like if you could have anything, what would you like on your ps3.
    Pounds as in UK dollars right? If I had a million pounds I would like that converted into US dollars first before buying or doing anything,

alright.. i live in the uk, but i see you get my point yes?

PS3Brewery75
    Oh now I get your point. I would want a firmware that overclocks the cell processor to around 15.2GHz rather than 3.2GHz.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News