Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] If i can choose a ps3 firmware, which should i get?

Sponsored Links
    I'm sending my ps3 away to be repaired for its ylod and they informed me that i do infact have an option to not update my ps3.

therefore when they repair it and send it back i will have firmware 1.0 or whatever the first one was. seeing as now i'd have full control of what firmware i can get - which should i update to

there IS a saved list of ps3 updates like there was for the psp scene right? lol

ANYWAYS what awesome special features/hacks can i get with lower firmwares?
    Best Answer - Posted by donnyboy1189:

I've sent a console off to be repaired before, you have to make sure you tell them not to update it, i lost a console running 1.50 to there "standard procedure" luckily the current fm was 3.15 so i still had the other os feature but i was still pissed. I highly doubt they let you choose a firmware though.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I don't believe Sony would put a lower PS3 Firmware on it than it currently has (although if they did, there isn't much of an advantage except OtherOS and the ability to use Infectus)... chances are, they will either update it to the latest (their standard procedure) or keep it at its current version at the request of the customer.

Sponsored Links

Exclamation

Sponsored Links
    I've sent a console off to be repaired before, you have to make sure you tell them not to update it, i lost a console running 1.50 to there "standard procedure" luckily the current fm was 3.15 so i still had the other os feature but i was still pissed. I highly doubt they let you choose a firmware though.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News