Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] how to use hex files help?

Sponsored Links
    i want to know how to use hex files people say put it on the dongle how? i know how to upgrade ps3 eg bm files and ftp but how dos it work and how do i puy it onto a dongle ? i have a ps3break but my friend has put ps3yes on it some how?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well, obviously you did not search anything. I know its named SUPPORT here , but to be honest, for such things look around the forum or the net, there are tons of tutorials how to do it. Just do some research please.

Also this sounds a bit weired for me: i know how to upgrade ps3 eg bm files and ftp but how dos it work and how do i puy it onto a dongle ?

You know how to upgrade but dont know how it works..?? lol

Greets Modmate
    Last edited by modmate; 10-12-2010 at 07:41 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    since you have ps3break, determine whether you have an atmel or pic chip.

you can find out which chip you if you insert your ps3break on your pc then push the upgrade button. If it says ATMEL at90usb162, then you can upgrade, if it says generic usb, you have a PIC and you can't do anything to upgrade unless you have a PIC programmer and soldering iron.

If you do have an ATMEL chip, download FLEX from atmel website. use Minimus at90usb162 HEX files in FLEX program to upgrade your PS3break.

That's not so true mate. You wont see your chip properties while plug it in to your pc. You`ll need the proper drivers for it to work. There is always unknown device until you install the drivers. And BTW, so far i got 1 original and 4 clones of JB and all are posible to upgrade. Its just the way how to you know. Some needs to be dissambled and shorted to be upgradeable.

Greets Modmate

ok mod mate i'm new to this dude but thank you i meant PUT it onto my dongle. so what drivers do i need to get i asume it is upgradeable as my friend turn t it from a ps3break to a ps3yes dongle as my pc win7 doesn't reconise it

IŽll guess you use x64 win7 right. Therefore you have to dissable driver signature enforcement. Also you have to sign your driver first. For that get yourself "DSEO", thta little tool allows you to sign the proper driver and also you can enable TESTMODE to run it after.

First of all you have to know wich Chip you got. Usually you can take tools like ATMEL FLIP to do it. There are also the drivers in the Flip directory under folder USB. These need to be installed .

Greets

Quote Originally Posted by terarawa View Post
    ok mod mate i'm new to this dude but thank you i meant PUT it onto my dongle. so what drivers do i need to get i asume it is upgradeable as my friend turn t it from a ps3break to a ps3yes dongle as my pc win7 doesn't reconise it
    See here:

About upgrade: Plug it into PC, after 20 seconds; it can enter upgrade mode and both LEDs light. The PC will find device "AT90USB162 DFU", you can download firmware from here and use FLIP to flash it. If you install the FLIP and install drivers for "AT90USB162 DFU", you can flash HEX files that download from here and keep the "auto enter upgrade mode" function. You can flash it with any HEX file, BUT you will lose the "auto enter upgrade mode" function, after this, next time you have to do a hard upgrade. We are preparing more detail document for how to do a hard upgrade for PS3YES!.

Thats what i thought, you have to do a HARD UPGRADE this time.

Greets
    Last edited by modmate; 10-12-2010 at 08:39 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

any video that's on how it looks like?

Quote Originally Posted by terarawa View Post
    any video that's on how it looks like?
    If you got the psbreak, you`ve got the short version 51mm or the longer one?? Also i guess you get an early version with v.1 wich is known to get problems while updating.

At least i think it was a bad idea to get a break stick and do the Yes FW on it. Anyway i know about some "not working " sticks from Psbreak which are NOT upgradeable. Guess the PIC ones are bad. Know about 2 guys send them back to discoazuzl.

Greets

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News