Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] How to Upgrade to 3.41 firmware only

Sponsored Links
    Hi,

i have a question regarding the PS3 firmware. So i just bought a new PS3 and it prompts me to upgrade the firmware. Since it's brand new, it will inevitably be upgraded to 3.42 (if i go to PSN). Meanwhile if i don't go to PSN i will stuck with its current firmware. How ever i want to stick with 3.41 since 3.42 version contains lots of problems.

So can any of you tell me how it can be done? And in case of i do something stupid, how can i downgrade to 3.41 firmware?

by the way, i know that we have firmware section here where ppl can download any version of firmware.

I just don't know how to upload it into my PS3.
    Last edited by GritHub; 09-17-2010 at 06:54 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Best Answer - Posted by PS3 News:

Quote Originally Posted by GritHub View Post
    Update using a PC: http://us.playstation.com/support/sy...date/index.htm

Update using disc media: http://us.playstation.com/support/sy...date/index.htm

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    yes if u go online then it will keep prompting for 3.42, you can't downgrade - if i have e.g. 3.40 (like i have, brand new 320gb move pack ps3) you simply put update file on usb.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    you cant downgrade. Download the 3.41 firmware on your pc, take a usb flash drive. Make a folder called PS3. In that folder make a folder called UPDATE and place the file in there. Put the stick in your ps3. select update from external device (or someting if i rememberd the name correctly) and install the firmware.

You do realize it you only go to 3.41 then you won't be able to access any online functions, except the browser i think.

I'm guessing you want to jailbreak. There is a way to get online with 3.41 firmware. I've heard about it. And why do you guys think there are still modded lobbies in MW2?

the proxy bypass doesn't work anymore... rolleyes:

there are modded lobbies because people swap the patch file for MW2 while on 3.41, then update to 3.42, letting them keep the files they swapped.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by GritHub View Post
    Update using a PC: [Register or Login to view links]

Update using disc media: [Register or Login to view links]

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News