Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] How to test memory on PS3?

Sponsored Links
    I bought a slim PS3 about a month ago and I've been playing Fallout3 since then. The problem is game is crashing very frequently (3 or 4 times a day)

I've asked around and looks like my friends are not seeing this which makes me think that there might be something wrong with my system. I have 3 other games installed and I do not see similar issues with the other games. Even with Fallout3 I see the crashes in specific areas in the game (texture heavy places and when switching into VATS combats scenes)

I was wondering if there are any official HW diagnostic tools, especially, memory tests.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Does it use it vents on the higest level ? (Lot of noise) Does it get enough air ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    think it may be a problem with the game it actually does happen to alot of people do you have the update patches for it

Quote Originally Posted by 2High4U View Post
    think it may be a problem with the game it actually does happen to alot of people do you have the update patches for it
    this is my first PS system and I'm not 100% sure about the ways you can update your system/games. missing patches was the first thing that popped into my mind but supposedly both my PS3 (it updated itself to the latest version very recently) and the game are up-to-date *unless* there is something that I'm supposed to do manually to apply game/system patches.

If the PS3 is online and logged into PSN, it should prompt you for system and game updates.

then everything is up-to-date.

would anyone know if there are any offical/unofficial memory test tools?

official - no and afaik, there is no unofficial tool.

maybe an idea for a homebrew app "SysDiagnostic" , would be very nice.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News