Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] How to speed up File Transfer with a FTP

Sponsored Links
    The title explains it all, i want to know how, i'm using a laptop to run the ftp

service and i backed up my games on it and trying to transfer but its only going

400kb/s wireless how do i speed up transfers?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    a wired connection would imo be alot faster, i suggest a direct cable between laptop and ps3 then you will probably get 1gbit(if youre network card supports it, the ps3 do), or if youre router support 1gig, but 400kb/s sounds awfully slow with wireless even , the ps3 supports 54mbit/s wireless.

as i said a cable would most probably be a lot better.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ok i'm about to do that ill let you know the results

You were most def. right my transfer speed is now steadily at 80mb/s thank you
    Last edited by 0odama; 09-11-2010 at 05:26 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No, on the FTP instead 80 mb/s i it was 80b/s i was like what??!! i connected it through ethernet laptop to ps3 now what do i do?

Quote Originally Posted by 0odama View Post
    No, on the FTP instead 80 mb/s i it was 80b/s i was like what??!! i connected it through ethernet laptop to ps3 now what do i do?
    lol haha, have you changed the settings in the ps3 ? and also reboot the hardware? i.e pc/ps3, ?

what kinda settings are there in the ftp?
    Last edited by EiKii; 09-11-2010 at 06:09 AM

How do i set up a local area connection for my ps3, i went to network setting tried to do wired and it says ip- timed out, so i'm lost

use manual settings on both pc and the ps3 to be in same ip range, i.e 192.168.1.1 on pc and 192.168.1.2 on ps3.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News