Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Wink [Answered] How to set up PS3 with a mac help?

Sponsored Links
    I'm looking for some help with setting up my ps3 so i can download game and play them. i have one of the first models of the ps3 and i have a macbook pro. i have never done any thing to my ps3 so its a fresh start.

all the help i can get will be a appreciated. or point me in the rite direction like videos are nice to follow.

thank you dazboy12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    First you need to make sure your OFW is 3.55 or lower then upgrade to either Rebug 4.41.2 or Rogero 4.41 both are fine.

Now about downloading games, before you do that you need to get an external HDD

WD Elements or My Passport if you have PS3 FAT(the old model)
    SeaGate

Use any partition program like SwissKnife or EAUSUS to format your External HDD from NTFS to FAT32
    Then create a folder in the root of the HDD & rename it to GAMES or GAMEZ
    Now download game backups from any website or any host you prefer.

Have a nice day.
    Last edited by Liongooder; 06-19-2013 at 10:55 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    the System software version 4.41 is what i have. And I have an external hard drive which is 500 GB. I might be being thick is there a process on need to go through to do this? and where can I get all this from?. I no im being a pain in the arse with all this but any help will be appreciated.

i'm new to all this so i need a jailbreak for dummies. its was nice of you to take your time to post back to me liongooder it has give me some idea what to do

Since you mentioned its from the first models, which one of these is your PS3 model?

CECHAxx,CECHBxx,CECHCxx,CECHExx,CECHGxx,CECHHxx & so on in an alphabetical order.

because you'll need to downgrade, depending on your model you may downgrade using progskeet or a hardware flasher.

mine is CECHK 03. i'm ready to do what ever it takes to get this done. I've got the time to do it

so if I'm told start to Finnish with help i can do it. that you for the help so far

If your OFW is 3.55 or lower, you can play back up games. But if your OFW is 3.56 or above you must downgrade it. But you must sure that your console is not a 3xxx and 4xxx model series. people says this console series can play back up game with some component (like modchip in PS2), I hope its true.

CECHK03 80Gbs NOR, check your system firmware if its 3.55 or lower then yes you can only install a CFW & play game backups

if its 3.56 or higher then you'll need a hardware flasher to downgrade to 3.55 then install a CFW.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News