Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    however mine is a problem that I have upgraded it to 3.56 and then I hito downgrade to 3.55 and when I inserted the USB, which was the FW 3.55 into the USB port then I turned off the ps3, and since then we are constantly being turned off after 20 sec, I tried to remove the batteries but nothing people do not know what to do.. whether it is possible to fix? or if she is at all able to fix it?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMiGe View Post
    I've recently recieved many inquiries about problems occurring after people have attempted to repair their own PS3 systems. The most common problem I keep hearing about is that after successfully restoring their PS3's functionality, they notice that the fan speed seems to rev or is constantly on high, moreso than before repairing the unit/s.

I have isolated that the most common reason for this is heat sink/thermal pad damage, loss, or offset placement upon reassembling the board with its case. There are numbers of little pads for various chips on the main board in different arrangements depending on the model. The heat sink pads can easily fall right off and many people don't even realize that they've lost them.

Also, during a heatgun reflow, many people are damaging pads that should be removed before heat is applied, creating holes, etc, having a similar effect to not having the pad/s at all. These pads are vital for the system to function correctly, maintaining constant temperature so as not to YLOD again. As many have found out, the seemingly repaired PS3 unit will always fail if these pads are not placed correctly.

The key indicator for incorrect pad placement is the obvious, quickly increasing fan speed, as the system is trying to compensate for bad heat sink contacts, leading to various overheating issues which sensors are reporting.

I don't recommend attempting a PS3 repair to anyone without the proper understanding of internal computer circuitry. Murphy's Law always seems to make things worse when the proper attention is not given to vital elements of such a complex machine.
    Wow, I have this problem since my PS3 came back from Sony for repairs.. And they said it was normal that the fan were so loud, it needed to cool down. But even when idle, the fan is maxed out and there's no heat coming out.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by drele33 View Post
    however mine is a problem that I have upgraded it to 3.56 and then I hito downgrade to 3.55 and when I inserted the USB, which was the FW 3.55 into the USB port then I turned off the ps3, and since then we are constantly being turned off after 20 sec, I tried to remove the batteries but nothing people do not know what to do.. whether it is possible to fix? or if she is at all able to fix it?
    Did you manage to fix the unit? I think its just the same as stuck in service mode at 3.56 firmware.
    Last edited by neo0912; 09-17-2011 at 10:21 AM

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News