Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] How to recognize a dummy file?

Sponsored Links
    I have done all the steps again and still can't find the dummy file

i'm on 3.21 this time and have tried for over 6 hours searching for the dummy

what i'm asking for is FACTS on what exactly we are searching for?? the theories on it i have are

1) its the first sector that breaks in pattern when image with dummy and image without dummy are compared??

2) its a duplicate sector that repeats itself at any point through the bin file.

3) is there a way we can export the winhex table into another prog and then make a small app to search in excel or similar, or another HEX program that has these features built in??

Anyone who has actually found the dummy and could take an ss of example would help me out no end.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I think you can compare it with Cygnus Hex editor

This is the fastest and easiest hex editor available anywhere! Features include MDI interface, multi-level undo & redo, extensive drag & drop support, blazing fast and flexible search, search and replace, delete and insert characters as easily as you can in a word processor, edit files up to available virtual memory (up to 2GB). Newer features include intelligent file comparison, conversion routines, checksum calculation, import/export operations, and developers can now extend the program

I think HHD Software Hex Editor Neo is a really good one
    [Register or Login to view links]

[Register or Login to view links]
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

free-hex-full-default-working-space.png  
    Last edited by JW117; 06-13-2010 at 10:34 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    great, i've downloaded hex neo and its found the dummy when i ran a comparison check 2.1gb? so i've got the 16 bytes and am trying now.

Registered User vanillathunder2's Avatar

Question

hey dude i'm on 3.30 i just downloaded hex neo, how do you run a comparison check?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News