Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] How to load ROMS directly from PS3 XMB help?

Sponsored Links
    Basically what i want to accomplish is to load roms directly from XMB. Any incite would be helpful. Remember XMBoot, it is a stripped down version of OpenManager that allows for booting game backups directly from XMB (Direct Boot).

Seems to me that is might be possible to strip down something like mednafen to load a rom directly from XMB.
    Best Answer - Posted by severusx:

The first 3.55 CFW required you to edit the EBOOTs of games to make them appear as though they were PSN downloads, you might try that. Although your XMB is going to get awfully crowded. I would also suggest that you check out MultiMan. It includes a Last Game Played app that lets you launch the last game you were playing directly from the XMB.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The first 3.55 CFW required you to edit the EBOOTs of games to make them appear as though they were PSN downloads, you might try that. Although your XMB is going to get awfully crowded. I would also suggest that you check out MultiMan. It includes a Last Game Played app that lets you launch the last game you were playing directly from the XMB.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I can already load game backups from XMB, i'm interested in launching NES/SNES roms from XMB.

Ah, thats a good idea. Maybe the ROM could be packaged with a run-time version of the emu and made to look like a PSN download. It could then be accessed from the game library like any other PSN game.

wouldn't that be an epic waste of space (if you have more than one rom per emulator) not to mention cluttering the xmb? wouldn't it be better to have one unified front end to store game lists for seperate systems etc and then launch the emulator with the required parameters to run the selected game?

kind of like mamewah or hyperspin etc.

Well, I've never minded jumping into an emu to pick a rom, but if you wanted direct access in the XMB most of those emus aren't very big so a stripped version probably wouldn't take up much more space than the rom itself. Although, if you loaded 200+ roms for SNES you are going to have a messy XMB.

i dont think thats possible. i set my nes emulator to open up to a folder i made in the "hdd0" its really only a few steps.

plus wouldn't you have to make a icon for each rom file?

anybody has every managed to get roms runnign from xmb... ps3 or psp???

when you install a game on the ps3 do you get FW update?

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News