Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] How to jailbreak ps3 firmware 3.50, possible?

Sponsored Links
    Hi guys,

I just bought a PS3 slim today and had no intention whatsoever in jailbreaking until coming across this website, now I want to give it a go and see if I can make it happen. I have done a fair few searches on tutorials and the like and have found quite a bit on firmware 3.55.

The thing is that my firmware on my PS3 is currently 3.50 and I was wondering if it is possible to jailbreak this firmware and how would I go about doing it in the best way, alternatively would it be better if I upgraded to 3.55 then jailbrake seeing as how it seems so much more common.

I also would like to know that if going onto 3.55 firmware is the best option, whats the best way to upgrade from 3.50.

Sorry guys I know it seems like alot of noob questions, however my knowledge of jailbreaking until now ends at the iPhone.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You just need to install cfw 3.55 on your ps3, which is a pretty straight forward process. Follow this thread and you will have no problems:

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-cf...de-118615.html

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So can I just install this straight away or do I have to upgrade from 3.50 to 3.55 proper update. Then install custom firmware straight over the top.

Or I can install this 3.55 straight on top of 3.50 which is what I have now.

EDIT: read the first couple of steps and realised if you are NOT on 3.55 yet to update as per normal.

MY BAD.
    Last edited by girlsandme; 04-16-2011 at 10:33 AM

It's all in the link... just follow it to the letter and your sorted.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News