Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] How to Install VLC Player Version 2.0.5 on PS3 ?

Sponsored Links
    I am new to this PS3 forum and using PS3.

I have been downloading many movies and trying to play them on PS3 via NAS, only few of the movies gets played due to format supported by PS3.

Now is there a way to install latest VLC player v2.0.5 on PS3, if so how ?
    Best Answer - Posted by misiozol:

No there is no way , but you can instal showtime from multiman but you need to be on CFW , or have server with cpu power to support transcoding on the fly to supported ps3 formats.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No there is no way , but you can instal showtime from multiman but you need to be on CFW , or have server with cpu power to support transcoding on the fly to supported ps3 formats.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Is showtime the only player we have for ps3?

There is Universal Media Server also, but it's not specific to PS3 is all. The latest version and details are here: universalmediaserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=11621#p11621

Universal Media Server what I can see is only for PC , MAC and LINUX and it's server not player , and works on JAVA from what I can see only older versions work with out it. Boxbundy yes it seems it's only sensible player that can support network streams with multiple formats same as VLC.
    Last edited by misiozol; 08-17-2014 at 04:30 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News