Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] How to install demo in 2.10 FW?

Sponsored Links
    Hi all,

Would anyone know whether it is still possible to install demo in FW 2.10 (the latest one that plays DIVX)?

Thanks heaps.

Regards,
    Best Answer - Posted by VendeTTaa:

If you are trying to install demos via a proxy; then yes, they will still work. If your having issues you could try reading over the FAQ in the store links thread.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If you are trying to install demos via a proxy; then yes, they will still work. If your having issues you could try reading over the FAQ in the store links thread.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by VendeTTaa View Post
    Thanks for the info. I am confused since somewhere it is said to install using folding@home. So you're just saying still use the proxy method as usual. I will test it out. Thank you.

regards

Quote Originally Posted by pspbag View Post
    Thanks for the info. I am confused since somewhere it is said to install using folding@home. So you're just saying still use the proxy method as usual. I will test it out. Thank you.

regards
    yes you have to use ps3.proxyserver.gui to enter the f@h link and the link to the demo .pkg on your hard drive and start a proxy server, then launch F@H from XMB to begin the "download".

Question me too

have the same problem! with store and with folding home links does it not work!
    i aways get error mesages it downloading from pc but only for 3 sec then error came!

have somebody idea please help us ! some new program we neeed or help will be cool!

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by uNreal2k6 View Post
    yes you have to use ps3.proxyserver.gui to enter the f@h link and the link to the demo .pkg on your hard drive and start a proxy server, then launch F@H from XMB to begin the "download".
    So this is just to install demos right? However the full program (like Rub-a-duck activation or Tori Meki) will not work.

Am I right to say so?

no i doowloaded the club and it doesnt work

Question

Quote Originally Posted by markusredfield View Post
    no i doowloaded the club and it doesnt work
    Are you referring to a full game or a demo? I read that after the firmware 1.6, any full game cannot be installed either using Proxy or F@H, but the demo is still OK.

Please confirm.

Lightbulb

Some demo's require activation, so in your case you'll need to go on the playstation store with your ps3 and click on the link to "the club". Wait for it to finish activating then cancel your download. Now check your demo that you have already downloaded and it should work.

This happened to me with "the darkness" and this was before fw 2.10
    Hope this helps.

I didn't have to "activate" any demo, the F@H method worked with every single free demo from the PSN.

Quote Originally Posted by pspbag View Post
    So this is just to install demos right? However the full program (like Rub-a-duck activation or Tori Meki) will not work.

Am I right to say so?
    Yes, it has been written/said that no full game that has to be bought works on 1.60 and above firmware. On my own personal experience, I haven't tried Super Rub-a-Dub on latest firmwares, but it did work like half a year ago with the firmware surely above 1.5, so maybe SONY just fixed this.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News