Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] How to format PS3 help?

Sponsored Links
    hi guys, I'm going to format my ps3 slim (320gb version) as the hard drive is full and sometimes the system is not working well. i've got the latest firmware 4.50

and I've found the "Format Utility" and the "Restore PS3™ System" in the menu..

[Register or Login to view links]
    [Register or Login to view links]

and you know, the descriptions look pretty the same, but I'm sure there have to be some significant differences

could you please help me in choosing the better one?
    thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Format utility is the way to go for you

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    you know, I don't care about saves, I just need to completely delete all the data on the drive, to make ps3 look like it's been just bought.. is format utility still okey for that?

and also, will I need the flash drive with the latest firmware after formatting is complete?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If you want to make it like it came out of factory then use restore, it will delete all data and restore settings to default. No, no need to flash it will be on same FW.

huh, sorry but I'm confused now. can you please tell me what's the difference between these two ones?

and how does it stay on the same firmware if it formats the hard drive? it should delete everything including the fw
    Last edited by jacobjacob; 10-18-2013 at 07:07 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Restore PS3 System - IMPORTANT: All data will be lost by performing this step.

This will reformat the hard drive on the PLAYSTATION 3, deleting all data and restoring it to as if it just came out of the box. This is the same as on the XMB.

M8 what is hard to understood it will format hdd , FW is in flash NOR/NAND dependent on console type.

I believe the format menu will wipe your PS3 HDD but still keep your settings saved like TV output format, audio setup, general PS3 stuff that isn't specific to a user whereas Restore PS3 System will wipe all those settings too. If you want to be thorough just do a format and then a restore.

thank you guys for replies, everything is clear now, except for one thing)

Quote Originally Posted by misiozol View Post
    M8 what is hard to understood it will format hdd , FW is in flash NOR/NAND dependent on console type.
    so it means ps3 reinstalls firmware after formatting (via restore ps3 system) is complete? it's ps3 slim 320gb (cech 3008b, if it tells you smth)

No , it restores to defaults all settings in firmware like straight from factory , it does not reinstall your FW

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News