Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Like said above, but some PS3 don't need the Firmware on a USB again to reinstall, and some consoles you need to have the Firmware waiting on USB to reinstall. This is because of whether it be a Nand or NOR PS3, because some consoles store information in the Flash, not the hdd.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    oh, I did not understand this part) I understand that FW (4.50) can't be kept on the hard drive as it'll be deleted during the formatting.. does that mean it's kept in another place we don't have access to? is it some kind of flash memory or smth (as I understood)?

I mean is it possible to find out whether your ps3 is nand or nor (letters nand and nor mean absolutely nothing to me, huh)?

anyway, I think whether it nand or nor, it' better to restore ps3 system)

oh, and also, does full formatting make the same effect as rebuilding the database? I mean, do I still need to rebuild the db after formatting is complete? thanks

update: found this table about the consoles' types. mine is cech 3008b so it's NOR type.. what's that mean, I can't get it.
    Last edited by jacobjacob; 10-21-2013 at 12:18 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Means nothing from your point of view , just do what you need format/restore and you'll be fine just carry on. Those things mean something only if you have ps3 on CFW and swapping hdd.
    Last edited by misiozol; 10-21-2013 at 03:27 PM

huh, you know that does mean nothing for my decision, just trying to expand my background and satisfy my curiosity)

forget everything said above, just one question: does the format utility save (preserve) the settings or they're restored and the system becomes "like the new one"?

thanks for the help

Like I said in Post #6. The PS3 will be like new. All settings etc deleted. It will be like when you bought it.

oh, I thought you said that about "restore ps3 system"

thank you guys, I really appreciate your help

Happy to help

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News