Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] How to flash Atmega32u2?

Sponsored Links
    I installed the Flip software, but I do not know which .hex file to download. Or which setting to set the f-clock--whatever that is. Thanks in advance for the help.
    Best Answer - Posted by Yngwiedis:

Some people said that maybe this file in this post will work for Atmega32u2 :

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post300642

Is working !!! The only problem is with the leds. Wont light up.

Can somebody make them work ?

Thank you everyone for the help and the interested

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The U2 is not officially supported - only the U4. I suppose if you want to try it, you would use the U4 hex and set the f-clock (which stands for frequency) to whatever your board runs at. Look at the others for reference, I don't remember how many zeros are needed at the moment, but if it's 8Mhz it'd be 80000 as opposed to 140000 for 14Mhz, for example. Assuming it's 4 zeros, I don't remember.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Is not supported at all ? Because i order one development board with this chip 2 hours ago.

Anyone know for sure ?
    Last edited by Yngwiedis; 09-04-2010 at 12:35 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

atmega32u2 (BOARD JM-DB-U2) can't build with the current avr-gcc; as stated here [Register or Login to view links]
    The current avr-gcc doesnt support the atmega32u2 correctly but the code for the at90usb162 is binary compatible so the build.mcu is set to the at90usb162. But then dfu-programmer supports the correct chip and wont find the device so we use the fact that the upload.protocol argument is passed directlyalong using the -c argument and everything works fine.
    So you can try to build it with at90usb162 as the mcu and load it; this one built by me, not tested, have a try.

I don't know for sure, but I hope so as I've just ordered a few of these chips to build my own stuff.

From what I've read, they are binary and pin compatible with the at90usb162 so you can build with them.

I read on another page (can't find it right now) that currently AVRdude doesn't support the chip, so you can't program them unless you tell it to ignore the ID bytes on the chip. I think that's the -f or -F flag. If you're only using the first 16kb of flash that won't be a problem as you're effectively just treating the chip as a atmega16u2 which is basically the replacement for the at90usb162.

Quote Originally Posted by rampage009 View Post
    atmega32u2 (BOARD JM-DB-U2) can't build with the current avr-gcc; as stated here [Register or Login to view links]

So you can try to build it with at90usb162 as the mcu and load it; this one built by me, not tested, have a try.
    Can someone please guide me to the correct posts to find hex file for the Atmega32u2 board and instructions for how to do the flashing and the whole procedure. I can't find any confirmed info for anything

Thank you very much and sorry for the trouble.
    Last edited by Yngwiedis; 09-06-2010 at 06:05 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You can use an image built for the at90usb162. I've built my own and can confirm it works fine.

Getting the image onto the chip is a bit trickier though. To program the chip, you'll need to build DFU-programmer from source:

[Register or Login to view code]

Note, you'll need to install libusb-dev to build this...

Once you've done that, you can program your chip like this:

[Register or Login to view code]

Wait...

I need linux for doing this ?
    I dont know anything about linux
    I am using windows...

I'm sure Atmega provide a Windows utility to flash the chips. It might well be the tool called FLIP, but I can't be 100% sure. Take a look here: [Register or Login to view links]

And where i will find the hex file and instructions how to flash it ?

Please can somebody help me ?

I have the board in my hands and i can't flash it. That's why i need help so desperately.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News