Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question [UnAnswered] How far have we come

Can someone please please tell me how far we ar with ps3 hacking? How far have we come after two year?

I'm totally confused

Sory for my english

Read the whole Post and you know how far we are.

Sorry my question was whether the ps3 is hackd now.. The news with the PlayStation 3 Flash ECC Algorithm

Sorry for my bad english, I am doing my best.

With the ability to resign/recalculate the ECC of the PS3 fw i would say yes the PS3 is full hacked !!!Sure there are more steps to go but without resign the ECC there where no way to get CFW working on retail PS3s.

The last I heard they came out with a Apple Emulator.

So the big question is the most noobs as i well ask if the ps3 is hacked what are we waiting for now?

What is next a hello world or there are still problems

perhaps I didn't explain well enough. But then again by "Hacked' What do you mean? their are multiple hacks per console. If you mean the ability to install another Operating system? That came with it.

The most noobs do not understand what hacking or hacked means. As the Wii gets full hacked and till the first cIOS would be released a couple of months are gone. So now with the ECC regenaration code first time it is possible to alter the ps3 fw.

But this does not mean that a cfw is allready. Now they have to encrypt the PKGs inside the fw to get correct data to work on it. Than they could alter specific data. After that rebuild the data back to PKGs put back in to the fw and now the magical, without it wont work, regenerate the ECC becouse data have changed so the ECC also have changed.

At last the patched/hacked fw are ready to flash back to ps3. So with the ECC regeneration code the door are opened for a cfw. Even if some one have a hacked fw ready without regenerating the ECC the hacked fw would not be run on retail ps3s.

sorry if i seem like a noob here, but it seems crazy how far we came with wii hacks and 360 hacks. but yet it takes so incredibly long to get anywhere in the ps3 scene. it seems to me sony spent good time and money researching and developing their system before putting it out there.

I think the ps3 system has a lot of potential but until now people just didnt found the right motivation to really crack open this functions... Linux (not handicapped like it is now by Sony), Media Center (mkv playing, subtitles) and game console (iso loaders) a dream too far away i guess!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast