Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] How do you get into PS3 factory service mode?

Sponsored Links
    Was on PS3 OFW 4.30. Installed E3 and followed all the steps up until where you need to get into factory service mode. PS3 beeps once as everyone says it should, but does not reboot.

Tried hooking a controller up just to see what it would say and it goes "Blabla you need to install firmware 4.30 to fix this error"

So... Should I install 4.30 and start all over?... Or should I get a different dongle?.. Or what?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    After putting the PS3 into Downgrade mode

Shut down PS3 from XMB.
    5. Power on PS3. You should get a screen that says "Plug in controller to USB and press PS button"
    6. DO NOT DO WHAT THE SCREEN SAYS!
    7. TURN OFF POWER BY SWITCH OR PULL POWER CABLE.
    8. Insert your downgrade dongle in the right USB port.
    9. Plug in power cable or switch back on.
    10. Press POWER then EJECT in that order within a split second. and wait for the PS3 to shut off by itself.

Now it should be in FSM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Did all of those steps exactly. At one point I figured it was successful so I popped in a controller and attempted to install a CFW, But, No such luck, It took me right back to the screen.

As I said in the first post, here's what I do:

Plug in PS3 with dongle in right most USB port.
    Power > Eject
    Console beeps once
    Powers on to the plug in controller to USB screen appears and it does not shut down.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    After Power > Eject the PS3 will shut down by itself

After Power on again and see Plug in controller to USB and press PS button Do not press the PS button

Then Shut down PS3 by unplugging or turning off at the BACK - This is very important

Then insert USB with the pup and lv2diag.self to enter FSM, once done put the lv2diag.self on USB to exit FSM

Yeah... I know thats what you are supposed to do.

But what I have said multiple times, Is it does not power off. When hitting power > eject, The console beeps once like it is supposed to, and just sits there on the plug in controller screen. I have tried putting the Lv2diag.self to see if it would make a difference, and it has not.

Then you need to do the downgrade part again with the downgrade.bin, or use your patched bkpps3.bin to put it in downgrade mode

or try a different downgrade dongle. Make sure its in furthest right port

Re-patched it with the patched bkps3.bin, Powered it off, And here are the results.

Even tried just tossing in the diag + 3.55 OFW just for good measure, Exact same results I have always had.

Yes putting the lv2diag.self and the 3.55 OFW won't do anything if your PS2 won't go into FSM

After you started up with Downgrade dongle I didn't notice you hit POWER then EJECT very quickly

Do you have the switches set 1-5 down, and 6 up? At 1:04 in the video.

As I don't know what tutorial you are following here is exact steps:

1. Put the e3_downgrade.bin file on your sd card. Insert sd back into flasher.
    2. Set switches 1 - 5 down and 6 up.
    3. Press reset, then start. Wait for the blue lights again. When done lights alternate blink.
    4. Shut down PS3 from XMB.
    5. Power on PS3. You should get a screen that says "Plug in controller to USB and press PS button"
    6. DO NOT DO WHAT THE SCREEN SAYS!
    7. TURN OFF POWER BY SWITCH OR PULL POWER CABLE.
    8. Insert your downgrade dongle in the right USB port.
    9. Plug in power cable or switch back on.
    10. Press POWER then EJECT in that order within a split second. and wait for the PS3 to shut off by itself.
    11. Place the Lv2diag.self and Rogero_v3_with spoof from the step 1 folder onto a USB Flash drive and rename R_CFW_v3.1_PS3UPDAT.PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP.
    12. Replace the downgrade dongle with the flash drive in the farthest right USB port.
    13. Turn on your PS3. Wait. In about 3-5 minutes your PS3 will shut off.
    14. Take the flash drive back to the computer and quick format to fat32.
    15. Place the Lv2diag.self from the step 2 folder onto the flash drive.
    16. Put the flash drive back into the farthest right port of the PS3, turn on and wait, in about 30 - 45 seconds it will shut down again.
    17. Take out the flash drive, then turn on your PS3. The first thing you will see is Rogero when your PS3 boots up.
    18. Now you need to repeat Chapter 1 Part 2 Make some bios backups. This is IMPORTANT in case you brick while installing other firmwares.
    Last edited by windrider42; 02-01-2013 at 12:34 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

How do you get into PS3 factory service mode?

So... Anyone have a clue how to get into FSM?.. Because so far I am having no luck at all.

lol and I said either Start the whole downgrade process again or get a different dongle.

Because obviously the dongle you have isn't putting the PS3 into FSM.

And once you do connect a controller like you did, you just messed up the whole process.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News