[Answered] How do I manually update the PS3 firmware?
My system seems to have the buggy 3.41 firmware and I need the fixed version to upgrade the hdd. How can I manually update the firmware?
Can be done from the Recovery Menu. How to Access Playstation Recovery Menu:
1. Turn off Playstation 3.
2. Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.
3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps (this will be the third beeps so like beep...beep...beep/beep.
4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.
5. You will be promted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button
6. The Recovery menu will pop up.
Then pick System Update: Update the PLAYSTATION 3 System from the options.
Have the PUP file on a USB drive or CD\DVD should look like this: