Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] How do I know my dongle is working?

Sponsored Links
    Hi,

I'm on 3.15 and just flashed my dongle with KaKaRoTo's PL3 payload (using the Teensy1.0_16Mhz hex).

It *seems* to work because normally my PS3 takes a few seconds to boot up. When I put this in and Power->Eject after a cold power on, it takes about 7-10 seconds to boot up.

But it doesn't actually seem to do anything, ie there is no 'install package' option. To test I copied SexyManager_r2.rar from Jurai2 (http://www.ps3news.com/forums/jurai2...er-113643.html) and unrared it onto a USB stick. I got the r2 because it has been downloaded more often.

When I put the USB stick in, it recognizes it (ie under music etc) but no option to install the .pkg file comes up in the Game menu.

Am I doing something wrong?

thanks!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Are you making sure when you boot, that only the psgroove usb device is in one of your usb slots, and nothing else is plugged in?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Do as above, and I also heard that having the dongle in the left hand side USB slot also helps fix errors. Make sure that you turn your PS3 off from the back switch and hold down the eject button for around 10 seconds. If this still doesn't work make another post in this thread and I'll try and think of something else. You can tell when it has worked because the PS3 Game section in the XMB will have the install package file option
    Last edited by AlmightyDon; 10-09-2010 at 01:14 PM

Thanks for the quick responses!!

The dongle is the only thing I have plugged into USB, on the left hand side.

If the dongle is plugged in and I just press 'on', it loads quickly. 'on->eject' it still takes 7-10 seconds, I tried holding eject until the screen came up but the 'install package' was still not there.

To be honest I'm not 100% sure it is a AT90USB162 board so maybe that's the problem. But the drivers installed fine and flashing it with Flip was OK and verified. How can I be sure what it really is? I bought it and the seller disappeared the next day so I can't ask him. From memory however, I am quite sure it was a AT90USB162 listed in the ad.

Does the 'install package' option appear regardless of whether a USB (data) stick is plugged in when successfully booting with the dongle?

Quote Originally Posted by itwalksamongus View Post
    Does the 'install package' option appear regardless of whether a USB (data) stick is plugged in when successfully booting with the dongle?
    Yes it does. DO you have any lights on the dongle and if yes how and when they'll light up?

No there are no lights. There is one button which I press after inserting into PC USB port to change from 'device not recognized' to be able to flash it.

Quote Originally Posted by itwalksamongus View Post
    No there are no lights. There is one button which I press after inserting into PC USB port to change from 'device not recognized' to be able to flash it.
    That's you putting the chip into DMZ mode. Do you have a picture of it from the site you purchased it from, or could you take any pictures?

Hi, the writing on the chip was lit up from the flash and it is indeed a AT90USB162

I should have mentioned this much earlier but didn't think of it.. but my PS3 BD drive won't read any discs. Sorry for not saying that right from the start! Could that be the reason the 'install package' option won't show up?
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Well - due to the bdly lit photo of your board I can't see the crystal frequency - is it 8,000 MHz like on the page linked bellow or 16,000? In your original post you's stated that you've flashed it with 16,000 MHz file which woul not work indeed if the crystal is not the same. Also LEDs should work on this board too although it seems from samo comments in the forums that on some they could have been actually put other way around during manufacturing process.

And it should still work even without BD drive actually ...
    Last edited by GrandpaHomer; 10-10-2010 at 03:10 PM

The crystal says '8000' on it, sorry about the bad pic. I suppose that means I flashed it with the wrong hex?

Edit: I tried flashing it with AT90USBKEY_8Mhz and it didn't work.

I then tried it with Teensy_Generic_8Mhz and it finally works! Which future hex file(s) should I look out for, ie which ones are compatible with my dongle?
    Last edited by itwalksamongus; 10-11-2010 at 03:10 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News