Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] How do I get Modern Warfare 2 to work?

Sponsored Links
    I've got the Eur version of the game, but it black screens when I try to load it with multiman, even with select + x, and also with a game in the tray. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    There is an entry on the compatability list that says it runs fine from external only with select + x

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What You'll Need To Run Modern Warfare 2 On PC:
    • OS: Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 (Windows 95/98/ME/2000 are unsupported)
    • Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz or AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor or better supported
    • Memory: 1 GB RAM
    • Graphics: 256 MB NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT or better or ATI Radeon 1600XT or better
    • DirectX®: Microsoft DirectX(R) 9.0c
    • Hard Drive: 12GB of free hard drive space
    • Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
    • Internet: Broadband connection required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet Connection required for activation
    Last edited by egamechina; 04-06-2011 at 04:34 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

^ What the frag?

This is the 'PS3' Help & Support section.
    -Rep

Yeah I can confirm I have Modern Warfare 2 working on a PS3 (God knows why he's talking about PC's above LOL!) I run it from an External HDD with MultiMAN and the SELECT + X method. The firmware I'm running is Waninkoko V2.

Banned User
    The multiplayer features of that game are totally screwed, no dedicated servers, your wasting your time. The PC version is only good for single player, otherwise get the Xbox 360 version to play online! The PC version is only good for single player, otherwise get the Xbox 360 version to play online!

If you do have modern warfare 2 on an external HD while using multiman X and select feature; try deleting any old modern warfare 2 game data that you may have on your ps3. Many times this may be causing your black screen if everything else is in order. I am using multiman and kmeaw 3.55 and Modern warfare 1 & 2 works just great from external.

If it isn't working from an external with select + x from multiman, rerip the game. There's nothing wrong with this method.

Those 2 guys look like bots to me... fyygames and egamechina.

Indeed they are, the sad part is over the last few months we got lots of e-mail from similar sites asking to spam their products on our Forum and for us to open dedicated Forums for them to peddle in, etc. I never got into that though, if they want to advertise they can support us through a standard banner ad.

It's all too easy for us to just open the flood gates and "not care" letting anyone post whatever they wish for money... but then although the number of posts goes up making the boards look more active the quality goes downhill fast. I for one don't want to sift through countless "Engrish" posts attempting to plug sites in them... basically they are all "keyword ads" disguised as forum or blog posts.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News