Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] How to create my own cfw for PS3 help?

Sponsored Links
    Anyone know how? I have ps3 utils and tools... I just don't know how to compile ps3utils and then run the command ./create_cfw.sh PS3UPDATE.PUP CFW.PUP... if anyone knows how to do all of these things, please be merciful and teach me.
    Best Answer - Posted by chr15m:

there is PS3MFW Builder you could check out.

on a side note and not to sound patronizing, if you don't know how to compile it or use commands then this could been seen as something for an enthusiast and not a beginner. i'm not trying to put you off, but it is a lot to teach.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Do you really think is a matter of a couple of tools?.. I mean, if you just want a 3.55 with/without something, some tools was released ages ago. Purpose?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    there is PS3MFW Builder you could check out.

on a side note and not to sound patronizing, if you don't know how to compile it or use commands then this could been seen as something for an enthusiast and not a beginner. i'm not trying to put you off, but it is a lot to teach.

ok, thanks man. that's cool. I'll check out the builder there though. Do you know what makes a demo ps3? I mean, is there some key or code within the FW that can be changed to make it into a retail. I figure by doing this and reinstalling the original FW, it can overwrite the current FW. What do you think? Or is it something else?

Not sure what you are looking to do specifically, but there should be a checkbox in PS3MFW Builder to change the PS3 Demo (Kiosk) console flags into Retail units. Also, there are pre-made PUPs that will do the same for those who don't want to mess with PS3MFW themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by theinfinite View Post
    Anyone know how? I have ps3 utils and tools... I just don't know how to compile ps3utils and then run the command ./create_cfw.sh PS3UPDATE.PUP CFW.PUP... if anyone knows how to do all of these things, please be merciful and teach me.
    If you want to compile the tools, you need to make sure you are either on linux or on a virtual machine running linux... and then if you google how to compile c programs in linux, you'll find step-by-step guides. You may also have to research some of the terminology and processes involved, or find a trusted guide and follow the directions explicitly. rarely, it is possible to start understanding code just by immersing yourself in it. of course, a glance or two at wikipedias page on C programming language wouldn't hurt

Yes. I did see this checkbox to change the demo ps3 into a retail. I browsed and uploaded the OFW but then underneath it, it says browse for the MFW which I do not have... I don't understand why it asks for that when I'm trying to create one... it doesn't makes sense. I read somewhere that this MFWbuilder only works for 3.55 or below... is this true?

Did you expect to do something over 3.55 maybe?

yes. I my fat ps3 is at 3.60.

Only 3.55 FW and below is able to install a CFW.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News