Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] How to create an ELF file?

Sponsored Links
    Hello everybody,

im r00t.ati from ihteam, i'm new but i'm trying to create my own ELF file to use throught R:FoM exploit.
    I saw otheros and hddformat that run as well... Someone know how to create my own ELF file?

Thanks
    Best Answer - Posted by sapperlott:

Generally speaking you can create ELF files with any regular Linux toolchain (GCC and binutils). You might want to have a look at objdump. That's ELF files, though - not SELF files as CJPC already wrote.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I suggest you do some reading on the general PS3 security - for that fact, just start off by reading our news archive, specifically my posts.

Generally speaking - the ELF needs to be in a SELF format, which is a Signed, Secure, Sony ELF - basically, they can not be created, or modified due to encryption, signatures and/or hashing.

OtherOs - you can do, it's not on the "PS3" side, and some things are limited, but there are plenty of Cell/PPU Linux distros - along with compilers and everything!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for replay me boss!

There are more than 430 pages of news, have you some specific article(s) to read?

Thanks

The best to read, are these: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jailbreak/

It's not so many pages - I suggest reading from the last page forward!

Ok thanks! I will read it!

However me and my team (ihteam), are good in hacking stuff, so if dev-team need help we're available

I would be more interested in deciphering the content of a decrypted SELF file, like a decrypted EBOOT.BIN, so I load it in IDA and see things inside. Creating an ELF doesn't really help much, but a decrypted ELF is more informational.

Generally speaking you can create ELF files with any regular Linux toolchain (GCC and binutils). You might want to have a look at objdump. That's ELF files, though - not SELF files as CJPC already wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by sapperlott View Post
    Yeah, the Sony compiler actually uses a very modified GCC toolchain - so of course a normal toolchain won't be able to make a compatable ELF. However, there are quite a few decrypted SELF's floating around...

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News