Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] How to convert a demo PS3 to a retail help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi, I need help and advice. I have never done this before and i wanted an expert to explain the latest way to do this because there are many ways out there to do this and I want the easiest so that my machine won't get destroyed by misinformation. My current version is 3.60. My demo unlock code is 1739. When this becomes a retail can i then update it to the latest of 3.73 and will it remain a retail forever? Or will it destroy it?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Once it's downgraded to 3.55 you can install the PUP file HERE that will convert it to a Retail PS3 console. From there, if you update with the Official Sony 3.73 Firmware then yes it will be a Retail PS3 with the latest Firmware installed on it and remain that way.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Ok, so how do I downgrade my 3.60 version to 3.55? I have no clue how to do it. Can you help me how to do it?

What if I installed a new HDD and then installed this 3.55 firmware, will that work too or no? It would be the easiest.
    Last edited by gothicblood; 10-26-2011 at 02:22 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    There is no real easy way to downgrade a 3.6 console, but current options including getting an Infectus, Progskeet or E3 Flasher and then opening the console up to install it. Changing the hard drive will not help unfortunately as it's also stored on the PS3's flash.

My advice is if you are comfortable taking apart the PS3 and soldering then check out the above devices, if not (as would be my case) then it probably is easier to trade/sell it or get a used retail PS3.

Soldering & Installing Infectus, Progskeet or E3 Flasher

Does anyone have a guide on how to solder these parts?

I could locate some links from our past news and PS3 Guides & Tutorials section for ya, but if you just do a quick YouTube search you should find Infectus, Progskeet and E3 Flasher videos relatively quickly.

If you don't have any luck reply back and I will dig some up.

I did and it seems simple enough for me to do this job. I find it interesting and fun. I just need to know where I can buy these things using paypal, visa gift cards, etc. One place sells it for 49.99 but its only the mainboard and that's it... no programming or ribbons. They also don't sell to "noobs" which I have no idea how they would know and they don't take paypal. They're in Australia.

They guy who worked on this downgrading for 2 months used the Infectus. They have a link on how to use the Infectus to flash the PS3 with screen shots, instructions, etc. The article is about the PS3 Firmware 3.6x Downgrade via Infectus + Waninkoko Brick Fix. Whatever a Waninkoko is. I know "brick" is total death of the PS3.

Ahh, we don't get into "where to buy" in the help section... if you want, start a thread in the BST area and you may get some replies there though.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News