Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] How to come back from a failed game update?

Sponsored Links
    Hi, i tried to update FIFA11 but now it gives me always the error of the disc needed.

How can i delete the update files so the game works again?
    Best Answer - Posted by jpcanaverde:

Delete the "Game Data" (not the "Game Savedata").

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by jpcanaverde View Post
    I thought it had to be some more complicated solution, so before i could read your message i tried something with ftp:
    i made a backup copy of the folder BLES01059 (FIFA11) that is located in /dev_hdd0/game/BLES01059 and then i deleted it from the ps3 hdd.

The game started again and worked good. After that i took a look again in the ftp and i saw the deleted folder was again there but empty. When the older folder had some files with a subfolder too containing a eboot.bin file too. I dont have a clue of what technically happened...

Anyway now i re-uploaded the folder with all the files and deleted the gamedata in the xmb (appeared corrupted).
    The game works good too.

My question now is: what is the use of that folder(s) inside /dev_hdd0/game/ ? (I deleted it and the game worked anyway..)

Quote Originally Posted by flipponzio View Post
    My question now is: what is the use of that folder(s) inside /dev_hdd0/game/ ? (I deleted it and the game worked anyway..)
    /dev_hdd0/game/BLES01059 - that folder is used for game cache (to speed up loading) and for updates.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News