Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] How to check jailbroken PS3?

Sponsored Links
    Hi guys,

I'm new to this ps3 jailbreaking. I bought this 2nd hand PS3 with upgraded HDD (500GB). I checked under system settings and the firmware installed is 3.55. Seller claims that he already installed kmeaw custom firmware.

Under 'Game' I can see:

Blackbox FTP 1.2
    Multiman 1.13
    GAIA Manager 2.04
    Install Package Files Folder
    /app_home/PS3_GAME/

I've got several questions:

1. How do I tell what custom firmware is installed? Is there a special way to activate it?
    2. Do I need to update already installed application (Multiman, GAIA, Blackbox FTP) in order to play most recent backup games?

I'm still reading tutorial and sticky in this forum, but I was hoping someone could shed some light or point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

Smile

Sponsored Links
    It seems you've Kmeaw's CFW 3.55 (great CFW). You can always update the managers, but you don't need to make nothing special, most games will work in your console

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I noticed that there are:

kmeaw's 3.55 CFW Patched PUP
    kmeaw's 3.55 Custom Firmware Package

Is the package really required? Looks like the only safe way is to reinstall them

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I would update the applications to the most recent versions to get some of the new features. You can get the latest versions of all those apps here on PS3 News.

For example here is the latest version of MultiMan: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post373502

You don't really need BlackB0x FTP since the MultiMan has a built in FTP server. Here is the Gaia thread, although there hasn't been much going on there recently, I recommend that you use MultiMan: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...er-113973.html

You don't need to do anything with the Kmew's CFW, it is already installed on your PS3.

Thanks for the reply. So If I want to update MultiMan do I have to delete the current version first? I tried updating it from MultiMan directly but it keeps giving me error message.

No you don't need to delete it, I just install the package file over the previous version from within the XMB. If you get an error installing though, delete the old one and reinstall. If you have any backed up games, check their location before deleting any backup manager. Make sure you move them to \hdd0\GAMES\ before deleting anything.

ATM I'm getting really slow ftp transfer speed. PS3 is connected to PC (with GIGABYTE EX58-UD5) via ethernet cable (CAT5). I'm transferring files from PC to PS3 internal HDD using FlashFXP FTP connection (PS3 is using blackbox ftp 1.2). I'm getting 70KB/s transfer speed , yes 70KB/s

I'm wondering what's wrong with my FTP transfer speed?

Mostly those kind of problem are firewall related or FTP Program related. Can you tell us what FTP Program are you using?

Problem solved. I manually set the ip address, dns etc2 and it's working fine now.

I've got another question. atm, I'm using multiman 1.13, if I want to update it to the latest version, what's the update path that I have to go through? Can I just update it to 1.16?

yea, directly update to the latest version... It won't be a problem...! And i would suggest you to use gaia to load backups as it has a hardcoded payload which makes it more stable... Load only those games from multiman which gaia is not able to load... That is what i recommend.. rest is on you.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News