Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] How to change .png to .PNG ?

Sponsored Links
    Hi can anyone tell me how to swap the .png file extension to .PNG?

I have several covers that are mislabeled as .png and dont show up in cover manager, however ive toyed with it for a few mins now and cant figure out how to make it .PNG instead of .png so that they show up in loaders

prob a dumb question with a easy answer but id appreciate any assistance!

I tried renaming it initially hoping the easy way out would suffice, however it didnt.

then I tried to make a new pic copying the old image and save it, however it still keeps saving it in the lowercase .png instead of .PNG which I need.

Appreciate any help here!
    Last edited by RandomAlias; 10-20-2010 at 12:08 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Assuming you have Windows 7...

1) Make sure the folder with the PNG files is visible and selected.
    2) Start > Run
    3) Type CMD and click OK
    4) In the DOS box, type... REN *.png *.PNG
    Last edited by ferrell; 10-20-2010 at 12:11 AM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I just use the rename option in Comgenie's Awesome File Manager, on PC side I think it can be done in Dos or Linux
    Last edited by bitsbubba; 10-20-2010 at 12:11 AM

png or PNG is the same thing

but if u want to change open with any ftp manager filezilla cutftp etc and change the extension from xxx.png to xxx.PNG

with widows

Open my computer tools Folder options view hide extension for known file types

Sorry my english im portuguese
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

win-folder-options.gif   win-folder-options-view.gif  

believe it would be the same in lower versions of Windows

thanks for the replies people! gonna try it out here and just a min I will post back if i got it and rep you guys

several responses in like 5 mins... gotta like the tech support round here lol

No problem RandomAlias, glad to help.

Ok, so I went with the dos idea. i typed in the C:\users\etc\PIC1.png REN *.png *.PNG

after clicking enter it brought up the pic in a photo viewer so I assumed I typed it right (usually my prob with dos commands)

however went I sent the pic to ps3 damn if it still doesnt show up as a .png file lol

any ideas? did i do it wrong?

I dont see how to rename the extension thru ftp on my ps3, im not familiar (at all really) with ftp but when i send something to my ps3 via ftp i can never replace or edit a file, I must always delete it then replace it or it doesnt work. replacing doesnt work for me but deleting and putting a new pic with proper extension has worked in the past

Quote Originally Posted by RandomAlias View Post
    I dont see how to rename the extension thru ftp on my ps3, im not familiar (at all really) with ftp but when i send something to my ps3 via ftp i can never replace or edit a file, I must always delete it then replace it or it doesnt work. replacing doesnt work for me but deleting and putting a new pic with proper extension has worked in the past
    have you tried Comgenie's Awsome File Manager, it has always worked for me, I use it to change my ICON0.png to ICON0.PNG all the time right there on the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by bitsbubba View Post
    have you tried Comgenie's Awsome File Manager, it has always worked for me, I use it to change my ICON0.png to ICON0.PNG all the time right there on the PS3
    never used it, but looking into it now.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News