Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] How can you tell what firmware a ps3 has by its box?

Sponsored Links
    I'm looking to buy a few 3.15 fat ps3s (for a super computer/modifying). So like the psp, how can you tell what firmware it has by what's written on the box?

At least when I do this I can finally update my personal ps3 and play some call of duty

Thanks to egohot I haven't been able to level up my 10th prestige
    Last edited by BwE; 07-01-2010 at 12:41 AM
    Best Answer - Posted by tragedy:

Quote Originally Posted by sk group View Post
    I'm looking to buy a few 3.15 fat ps3s (for a super computer/modifying). So like the psp, how can you tell what firmware it has by what's written on the box?
    You can't. There are no brand-new fats in the retail supply chain at the moment, so if you buy one it'll obviously be second hand and could have been upgraded beyond 3.15.

Obviously, if it's been sat in a box unused for the last 4 months, it will be fine. If it's been used more recently than that, probably not.

Your best bet is to make it a condition of sale that you can inspect it when it's switched on and plugged into a TV.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by sk group View Post
    You can't. There are no brand-new fats in the retail supply chain at the moment, so if you buy one it'll obviously be second hand and could have been upgraded beyond 3.15.

Obviously, if it's been sat in a box unused for the last 4 months, it will be fine. If it's been used more recently than that, probably not.

Your best bet is to make it a condition of sale that you can inspect it when it's switched on and plugged into a TV.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    cheers buddy

i'll just buy one from a pawn broker and have them "test" it etc.

ps3

it only take mere minutes to verify the firmware version. make sure its what you want before you get it. i just missed out on a 60gb 4 usb BC ps3 for 130$ US craigslist post delays suck. make sure its what your expecting before you buy since the downgrade option dosent exist as of yet. if ya just wanna play COD the buy another ps3 slim or used and just upgrade it and keep your original for mod purposes.
    Last edited by TheShroomster; 07-01-2010 at 09:06 PM Reason: forgot stuff lol

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News