Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] How can you play a PAL ps3 on the U.S. server?

Sponsored Links
    I know its possible , I've seen my buddy from germany on my U.S. server, but have since lost contact with him. And now another buddy from overseas is attempting to join my server. Any ideas?
    Best Answer - Posted by punyon:

Your buddy needs to make a new login account and pick USA for residence, pretty much either you gave him your address and let him make a fake address. You need different e-mail address for each PSN account also.

Once that account made just use that account to login when you guys want to play online together.

Doesn't matter what region console you have, everything is tied to the country of residence when you create your PSN account.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    My only guess to this would be that if you have someone on your friends list, it either connects them to your server when you join a game together... or connects you to more than one server at the same time.

Only a guess though, maybe someone more knowledgable can enlighten us??
    Last edited by jimmyo88; 09-07-2010 at 06:46 AM Reason: spelling and grammar

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    yea, i figured it would be a simple country code swap or something.

I guess it depends on the game and its own servers (not the PSN ones). I for example play (physically) from Spain with my USA PSN account with a PAL game bought in a store in Spain without problems.

Could you expand a little, which game(s) are you trying to use? I have 2 accounts one for USA PSN and other for Spain PSN. Most of the time I only use the USA one, even for spanish games. The other one is just to download/buy EU releases. I buy everything in USA as you get a better "currency change"; they don't translate well the prices

Quote Originally Posted by Mumps View Post
    I guess it depends on the game and its own servers (not the PSN ones). I for example play (physically) from Spain with my USA PSN account with a PAL game bought in a store in Spain without problems.

Could you expand a little, which game(s) are you trying to use? I have 2 accounts one for USA PSN and other for Spain PSN. Most of the time I only use the USA one, even for spanish games. The other one is just to download/buy EU releases. I buy everything in USA as you get a better "currency change"; they don't translate well the prices
    We wanted to play all games together, but currently modern warfare 2.You said you had 2 accounts,one being for USA PSN, what hoops did you have to jump through for that?

I assumed it was different servers, since I've seen vids on youtube from non-us players and the text playing online, was spanish, or french..
    Last edited by sideofthebarn; 09-08-2010 at 04:35 PM Reason: Oo

Your buddy needs to make a new login account and pick USA for residence, pretty much either you gave him your address and let him make a fake address. You need different e-mail address for each PSN account also.

Once that account made just use that account to login when you guys want to play online together.

Doesn't matter what region console you have, everything is tied to the country of residence when you create your PSN account.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News