Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] How can I turn-off Wi-Fi to force PS3 to use ethernet connection?

Sponsored Links
    Hey - first time poster.

I'm trying to stream various content to the PS3 via-wi with only some success,
    music, pictures, heavily compressed video are ok - anything else stutters.

I have set the wireless network to use the N wi-fi standard only - which forces the PS3 to stream media via it's ethernet port which is plugged into an airport express - it works perfectly.

But not all my tech is up to the N standard so this is only a temporary fix.

How can I disable the PS3's wifi? Sure I can turn the internet settings off - but that disable all internet/media streaming altogether.

The set-up is:

Macbook, Airport Express (N) - Ethernet - PS3

Thanks in advance for anytips - been trying to solve this problem for far, far too long.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I dont know why but i feel somewhat confused after reading your post. I have an answer for you and really hope it is the right one (if i understand correctly)

Go to network settings and switch to "wired connection"

hope that's the answer you were looking for

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I agree with idone, very confusing post and his answer seems right to me.

Not sure why u are using PS3 with ethernet cable to an external wifi device though (unless it has better ariel and N is higher than ps3 specs - can't remember).

U'd be better off just cabling it properly directly to your router, or via a Powerline adapter over your existing mains cabling to your router - you will achieve much faster bandwidth this way.

Anyway hope Idone or my posts help ya!

PSPSwampy

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by PSPSwampy View Post

Not sure why u are using PS3 with ethernet cable to an external wifi device though (unless it has better ariel and N is higher than ps3 specs - can't remember).
    Yea, wireless N is better than what the ps3's internal wifi has to offer....

Guess we'll see when he posts back if that was the answer he searched...

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News