Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Arrow [Answered] How to avoid RSOD after uninstalling spoofer help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi, guys. Well, I've been way too long on 3.55 Kmeaw and I finally decided to make the jump to a newer CFW. Some time ago I installed Rebug spoofer 4.11. The PS3 XMB said "Version 4.11". Now I deactivated the spoofer, and I think it worked because now it says "Version 3.55".

I think that the best way to go before going to Rogero 4.40 CFW would be to first uninstall the spoofer completely. Now, I know this involves flashing so just in case I searched looking for possible problems that may arise. I was shocked to see many RSOD consoles after the uninstall of the spoofer. Most of them could be fixed by installing OFW 3.55 through the Recovery Menu, but some of the RSOD consoles couldn't do that! I'm scared.

Should I install OFW 3.55 without uninstalling the spoofer or is this dangerous? What would you recommend? Help, please.
    Best Answer - Posted by Azrial:

I had 3.55 spoofed to 4.11 as well, just QA enabled my console and upgraded to Rebug 4.30 straight on top, all went perfectly fine.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm not sure but there is no need to go to ofw 3.55 you can just install newer cfw over kmeaw. I did that and installed rebug 4.30.2 from kmeaw.

Again I'm not sure and it is better to wait for another answer.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for the answer. I'll wait for more replies just in case.

I had 3.55 spoofed to 4.11 as well, just QA enabled my console and upgraded to Rebug 4.30 straight on top, all went perfectly fine.

Good info there, thanks.

Ok, in order to QA Flag my KMEAW I have to install Rebug Toolbox pkg, do you think this is safe since it's not a Rebug FW?

Just go for Rebug and you don't have to worry about any of this. Just install Rebug 4.41.2 from XMB by following the guide below (with or without a spoofer):

1- Install Rebug 4.41.2 from XMB:

Download Rebug 4.41.2, verify the md5 hash, rename the PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP, put it on your FAT32 formatted flash drive in PS3\UPDATE, go to System Update and Update via Storage Media. Make sure there's NO original game disk in the drive and that you DON'T Update via Internet or else you would risk installing OFW higher than 3.55!

2- Enable QA:

Install Rebug Toolbox from Package Manager, launch it under Games, go to Utilities and enable QA. This is to ensure easier and safer downgrading.

Make sure you install the latest version of multiMAN (4.40.00) once on Rebug 4.41.2 to make sure it's compatible with 4.41 CFW.

It is perfectly safe, but if you follow my guide above, you don't have to enable it while on kmeaw, you can enable it after you install Rebug 4.41.2.
    Last edited by mschumacher69; 05-05-2013 at 02:02 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News