Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] How to activate PS3 system?

Sponsored Links
    I really hope someone can help with this. When Sony removed Other OS in 3.21 I decided not to upgrade and instead stuck with 3.15, which I still have.

Shortly after that I had a problem with my PS3 and did a backup/restore. Problem was that when I restored my data & profiles my PS3 was no longer "activated".

The problem this has caused is that I can no longer play games I had previously purchased from the PSN store because they just say:

"To access this content, you must activate this system. Go to [PlayStation Network] > [Account Management] to activate this system. (80029514)"

Obviously, as I no longer have PSN access without updating to the latest firmware I cannot connect to activate my system.

I have jailbreak so can access things like xregistry.sys etc and was wondering if anyone know of any settings I can change or anything else I can do (short of updating to the latest firmware) that will set my PS3 back to "activated" status?

Many thanks for any help/advice.
    Best Answer - Posted by h0bbit:

Unfortunately there's no way around this. There's no way (currently) to get your PSN purchases working again after modifications. Theres quite a few threads on this already, you can search and see others progress. Until there is some form of decryption , or you upgrade to the latest firmware, your PSN stuff is gone.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Unfortunately there's no way around this. There's no way (currently) to get your PSN purchases working again after modifications. Theres quite a few threads on this already, you can search and see others progress. Until there is some form of decryption , or you upgrade to the latest firmware, your PSN stuff is gone.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News