Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Hermes 4b error not able to play games?

Sponsored Links
    I cannot start any game when I go to gaia manager or open manager to start the game I click a game with option to have disc in drive and it takes me back to xmb and The disc icon is another game that is in the drive not the game I wanted to load.I see PS3_Game and it says the name of the game I wanted to load but different pictures and sounds and when I press It stays black.

I'm using X3max and I have a Teensy 2.0++ hex file for hermes 4b I have also tried using different hex file but no luck, I still was able to load pl3 and its working great everything works just not hermes.

Any help is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You might need to install the permission fix after swapping back and forth with payloads. I'm also having problems loading certain games with Hermes 4b and I've already performed the fix. There's a lot to get straight and understand about this stuff.

All my games were working fine until I swapped payloads. Now, I have two problem games and can't play any games without a disc in the PS3 drive now.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well tonybologna there's an old saying, if it was not broke dont fix it

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Would fixing permissions erase the usb?

Fixing permissions still doesn't work.
    Last edited by javi2828; 11-06-2010 at 06:03 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

True, but I was trying to determine which PL I wanted to use. This may or may not had anything to with it.

Quote Originally Posted by tonybologna View Post
    You might need to install the permission fix after swapping back and forth with payloads. I'm also having problems loading certain games with Hermes 4b and I've already performed the fix. There's a lot to get straight and understand about this stuff.

All my games were working fine until I swapped payloads. Now, I have two problem games and can't play any games without a disc in the PS3 drive now.
    Can you explain who to install the permission fix? I am having the same problem and I can not get hermes 4b to work although all PL3 payloads are working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndlife View Post
    Can you explain who to install the permission fix? I am having the same problem and I can not get hermes 4b to work although all PL3 payloads are working fine.
    You mean "where" to install permission fix? You need to copy the permission fix package onto a USB stick and then install to PS3. Once installed, you go to the "Game" tab from XBM & run it from there.

Like I said though, for me it didn't help because I still have problems with a couple games.

Well hermes said he was working on a hermes v5, hopefully that can fix this and I guess he never left the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by tonybologna View Post
    You mean "where" to install permission fix? You need to copy the permission fix package onto a USB stick and then install to PS3. Once installed, you go to the "Game" tab from XBM & run it from there.

Like I said though, for me it didn't help because I still have problems with a couple games.
    Oh I meant how to install it. I found a permission fix pkg and tried it under hermes4b but still no good. So i gave up on hermes and found another PL3 with BM and BDEMU Support and used it. It worked. Able to do what I needed hermes for in the first place so it's all good.

Yeah! I got PL3 to work finally with one of my two problem games. I couldn't get the other to work but it's supposed to be compatible. I'm just gonna re-rip the game to the HDD and see what happens.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News